300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastland Police Academy

Anybody Know Anything In Columbus About Eastland Police Academy And How Good They Are And There Field Officer Ms. Wachtel?

We've seen some "less than top notch" candidates come out of Eastland.

Comment

Is that the academy on Steltzer nearby Easton?
      The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

Don't do it! If you are going to stay in central ohio, the agencies either send you to Columbus' or OSP's academy...For free! Most of the better agencies will pay you during your academy. I don't see any benefit to going to someplace like Eastland.

Comment

I Actually Went Through Eastland Once Before And We Had Two Really Great Intructors One Taught Most Of Our Classes And The Other Taught Traffic Investigations......i Always Wonderd Though What Was The Academies Reputation Thruought The Other Agencies.

Comment

I went to Delaware and I enjoyed it, great facilities, the price is much less than most other academies, and most of the instructors were top notch. We heard all kinds of crap about Eastland, but like everything in this business I only believe about 5% of the rumor mill crap that gets spewed constantly.
            Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

its was tough.... we had one instructor ill just call him denny p.. and he poured his heart and soul into making us good officers... and others where like..."im god and you are all here becuuse you all want to be like me".....but i failed the pt test by 33 seconds...so im thinking of going back but i really want to try deleware but the drive in crazy for me at 3.30 a gallon

Comment

I'm curious. For those of you who have gone through an academy such as Eastland, who has been hired? This is not meant as a put-down, I am curious. Unless it is a very small agency, they usually make you go through their own academy or OSP's. Again, I cannot see the benefit of doing that.

Comment

Here in Central Ohio the only agencies that I know of that will make you retake the academy would be CPD and OSP (not really central ohio, but you get the point).

All the other departments will send you if you don't have your cert, but would certainly love to have you already certified.

I've not taken my OPOTA test yet, that's on 4/23. That being said I'm not looking to go fulltime at this point in my life, only part time. Can't get a part-time job without having a cert.
                  Seriously, the only reason I wanted to be a cop was so I could post anywhere on this forum.

Comment

i think what a lot of people going to open enrollment academies do not realize is the qualifications that a lot of departments are looking. for
                    i went to bowling green and got my bachelors degree, which is part of what helped me get hired. most columbus suburbs want more than just an individual with a high school degree and an OPOTA certificate.

Comment

Different strokes.. All I am saying is that it's not a complete waste of time to do open enrollment as some are alluding to.

Comment

Good Review

My buddy went there. he works with us now, Hamilton City PD. He seems pretty normal. he said it was a pretty good academy, but that was about 13 years ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13771 users online. 453 members and 13318 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X