300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Towing a trailer...

Having been away from the traffic code for sometime I have a question regarding towing a trailer. For a trip to Mid-Ohio race track (Morrow county), I'm going to tow a mc on a mc designed trailer behind my Toyota pick up. Since the trailer is low and narrow, my taillights and the top roof stop light can still be seen by an approaching vehicle from the rear. My question is: is it legal to tow in this manner, or do I have to hook up the attached brake lights on the trailer itself?
    The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

4513.071 requires every trailer( as defined in 4511.01) to display two brake lights.

Comment

Ah, the good old ORC. Thanks for checking.
      The views/opinions expressed here are solely mine. I'm retired and I don't care. I truly do not want to offend anyone, but if you are thin skinned and have no sense of humor, you better find another line of work. Therefore, I don't have to be politically correct and I will exercise my freedom of speech, until it's taken away. May God bless all retirees. We've done our duty and earned our peace.

Comment

also turn signals orc. 4511.39

Comment

What about towing a trailer, with a trailer ??

I saw a rig on the highway that gave me the willies, a towed camper trailer, with it's own hitch, with an ATV trailer being pulled by the camper trailer, being towed by a pickup truck.

Bill
          Just pay your dues, and be quiet :-)

Comment

I think trailers also have to be registered and display an Ohio registration plate

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10456 users online. 404 members and 10052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X