300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio Dept Of Corrections Hiring Process

Hello everybody, I am new to this site and it is great! I have searched and searched and cannot find the answer that I am looking for. Hopefully somebody out there can help. I passed the testing for ODOC on 9/11/07 and am waiting for my backround check to get completed. I was told it would be about 90 days which is basically here. I know I have nothing in my backround to DQ me. But my concern is that the only person so far for any backround info that has been contacted is my current employer. None of the people I listed as references have been contacted at all. And my employer was contacted about 1 month ago. Does anybody know how the backround process works? Also, do they get upset if you call to touch base with them at the 90 day mark? And about how long does the total process take from passing the testing to getting hired? I placed myself on the list for every county within 60 miles of me which is quite a few, I am in Franklin county.
    Sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but I could not find it.
    Any info would help.

It can take 90 days to 2 years. They are slow. I would not worry.

Comment

I took their test in Nov.2006 and never heard anything for 5 months. In April they called me and offered me a job starting in May 2007. I had to turn it down due to another job. The time frame will depend on the facility you chose to work at, if they have openings there you'll here something quickly, but if you chose one which is full or in high demand it may take quite awhile. Unless they told you not to call it wouldn't hurt to call to check in, just ell them your calling to see if they need anymore information or is there anything you can do to help.
      Cincinnati PD

Comment

Thanks to for replying so fast!! It sure does take a long time, but it will be worth the wait in the end. And I will take your advice Pat8228 and just give them a call to see if they need anymore info. I applied for quite a few counties since I am in Franklin County and am willing to travel or relocate.
        Thanks for all the info, I will let everybody know when I get the big call back.

Comment

I passed my backround check and am good to go, the only problem now is the hiring freeze, does anybody know when DR&C will be hiring again???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7924 users online. 363 members and 7561 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X