300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati hiring process

Has anyone gone through the hiring process for Cincinnati P.D.? I have gone through the written test, physical agility test, and the polygraph on Wendsday 08/01/07. I would like to find out what the next step will be, and how long it takes to get to the next step? Also have anyone found out when the next academy will be, I've heard rumors it won't be till December 2008?
    Thanks in advanced
    Cincinnati PD

I am in the hiring process as well. I passed the written and physical and my poly is scheduled for mid september. I was contacted by my BI but havent heard anything about them talking to employers yet. I have not heard ANYTHING about when the next academy will be.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

Comment

The eligible list out right now is good until April 23rd of '08. It normally takes about a year from the time you take the written test until you are put on the list to be considered for the Academy. So December of next year might not be a bad guess. Here's a link to the current lists. They are at the bottom of the page...

http://www.cincinnati-oh.gov/cityhr/pages/-5813-/

So how did the poly test go pat? Mine is 8/28. I haven't heard from my BI yet though.

Comment

Thanks Cincybw84, and I believe I did good on the test. The person that gave me the test wished me luck through the rest of the process. I take that as good.
        Cincinnati PD

Comment

Yeah I think that's a good thing too. Does anyone know what the next step in the process is after the polygraph? I haven't really heard anything about the next step. I was just wondering... I go for mine tomorrow.

Comment

The BI finally called last week saying he is going to start my background investigation. A friend of mine which I listed as a reference, received a letter requesting info about me a couple of days ago from the BI. Other than that I have no idea what comes next.

How did you do on your poly CincyBW84?
            Last edited by pat8228; 08-29-2007, 09:34 PM.
            Cincinnati PD

Comment

It went okay I guess. LOL. No really it went well. He said if there was anything that could hurt me we would have talked much longer than the 40 minutes or so that we spent together. He said I should be hearing from my BI sometime in the next month or so and that the Psych Exam is the next step in the process. I guess I should get a hold of my references and give them the heads up on getting a letter. Thanks!

Comment

Okay so I'm getting kinda antsy. I know that the hiring process is VERY slow, but I still haven't heard from my background investigator and my polygraph was August 28th (that's 43 days)... Pat, what's going on with you? Did you get your psych test scheduled??

Comment

No have not heard anything about the psych test yet. I have taked to my BI, he's still checking me out. He drove up to Gratis PD to check my records from when I worked there. He has been in contact with my past chief who no longer works there. He has also contacted my refferences.

Right now I'm sitting in Seattle, I m taking their test this weekend.
                  Past written yesterday, no score was given just passed.
                  Past physical agility yesterday with max score possible 200 points.
                  Did the oral board today-results not annouced yet.
                  Psych test today-results not announced yet.
                  Meet with a BI Monday.
                  Cincinnati PD

Comment

Very nice, Pat. Looks like all is well with you. Good luck with both Cincy and Seattle. Looks like Seattle's process is much more speedy than ours though.

Comment

From what Ive heard, Seattle needs to hire 105 officers a year for the next few years. They have been having a hard time getting qualified applicants, so they are trying to make it more apealing for out of state canadates. All of the P.D. out here in the N.W. are in need of officers, but only Seattle offers most of the process in one trip.
                      This is a high cost of living area where the average house sells for over 300k.
                      Pay starts at 22.20 hr during academy
                      After the academy 22.67 for the first 6 months and increases yearly after that, topping out out 32.11 after 72 months. Although I did a ride along Friday, the officer I rode with said he makes over 34 hr with 7 years. Plus great benefits.
                      if your able to relocate, Seatle gives you a great chance to get hired.
                      I haven't gave up on Cincinnati yet, just trying to open more doors.
                      Cincinnati PD

Comment

Just a little update to say still no word since taking my polygraph August 28th... I've never wanted a call from the police so much. LOL.

Comment

I havent heard anything recently either.
                          Cincinnati PD

Comment

Okay so I finally heard from my BI on Tuesday 10/30. And my references have been contacted and asked to write letters of recommendation for me. She also asked me to fax in a copy of my latest performance review from where I work now.

I'm so happy the ball is finally rolling. No date on the Psych Test yet though.

Comment

Just had my in home interview with my BI. Everything seemed to go very well.
                              He told me that over 2000 people started the process and they are down to a little over 100 left in the process. Next step will be a psyc test ,written, in late December and then meet with the doctor three weeks later. After that an eligibility list will be made. After April the chief will go through the list and pick who he wants to go through the academy. Then you get a conditional offer of employment. Then you take a medical physical, and then an offer of employment, not conditional. Academy should start in June 2008, but it could be postponed for a few months if they elect to do so.
                              I scored a 90.56 on the test, and he thinks I should fall somewhere around
                              20th to 25th on the list. He also said I had a very good chance of making it into the academy.

For anyone wanting to find out whats next, well, I hope this answers your questions.
                              Cincinnati PD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10973 users online. 431 members and 10542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X