300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Highway Patrol AUXILIARY 2021

OSP Auxiliary is taking applicants for the 2021 class, to be held in September. This is a fully volunteer position with training and uniforms provided (there may be a small uniform fee, but there is assistance for those who can not afford the fee). The process is similar to the police academy with an extensive background check and polygragh. A truncated version of the OPOTA entrance PT test is required, so you need to be in decent physical shape. Training will likely be two long weekends, requiring you live at the academy for the weekend.

As an Auxiliary, you will work side-by-side with troopers on patrol. You will also have the opportunity to run security and traffic at events such as the State fair and Ohio State football games. Several of us worked the Statehouse during the recent protests. We also worked at several food banks during the COVID shut down. You will get to go places that the general public only dreams of going.

It is a GREAT opportunity for someone looking to get into law enforcement. Several of us have become troopers, police officers, security guards, dispatchers, etc. Personally, several doors career-wise have been opened for me because of my involvement with the Auxiliary.

More info can be found here: https://statepatrol.ohio.gov/recruit/auxiliary.html

Here is a recent news story regarding the Auxiliary: https://www.wkbn.com/news/local-news...iary-officers/

We are truly family...Come join our family!

Just curious are OSP auxiliaries armed?
    Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

Originally posted by 1911user View Post
      Just curious are OSP auxiliaries armed?
      Good question. No, but we are trained annually on all the weapons that a trooper carries (2 handguns, shotgun and rifle). The trooper may ask the Auxiliary to grab one of those weapons, usually the shotgun, particularly on a felony stop. I do know of a situation in which OSP backed up Columbus Police on a situation and the trooper had the Auxiliary grab the rifle rather than the shotgun.

Comment

Interesting, thanks for the reply.
        Hey Kidd, I've got more time On Meal than you have "On the Job"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4705 users online. 261 members and 4444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X