Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would expect them to start by next week if they are starting oral boards by the end of the month. Look for an email or phone call

Comment

Hey everyone, I was apart of the 90 band group and was wondering if anyone has heard of any updates recently? The last email I received from recruiting was a couple of days before the new year. Thanks for any guidance!

Comment

Oral boards start this week. Good luck to those that are scheduled.

Comment

Has anybody else gotten an email about the pre-opota physically fitness test date before doing polygraph or oral board?

Comment

The oral board was actually tougher for me than the polygraph (at least when i went through the process way back when). Be prepared to answer for everything, stick to your guns that you have made mistakes, learned from them and moved on. There was a question earlier about time frame. Unless its changed, be prepared for at least 9 months of the process... Good Luck all.

Comment

****June class was cancelled today by city council and the 2.5 million was allocated to a new service....

Comment

I’m so sorry to those of you in the process. I know how excited I was at this time last year.

Comment

My background detective emailed me today and said it was delayed as of right now and they will know more on the 22nd. Nothing was cancelled as of yet....

Comment

Just passing along direct information...there is a push for funds to be reallocated so I would not be surprised if the delay is significant. I would continue applying to other places as well.

Comment

Well there ya have it... Defund here we come... When service time increases by 30 minutes to calls maybe they will see.

Comment

***update***

city council decided it was best to keep the June class on schedule. Class is no longer delayed/cancelled.

Comment

Does anyone know when oral boards will start back up?

Comment

Oral boards start back up on March 4th and for the following 2 weeks. Good luck everyone!!!

Comment

Be working on your fitness now and stay consistent with it. Pushups, situps, sprints, distance runs. You will regret it if you don’t enter the academy with a decent ability to do all these things. But be careful about injuries before you go in. You’ll be surprised what your body can handle.

Comment

Just to provide some insight:

CPD recently changed how the probationary period works. Your probation will begin on the day you graduate and goes for one year from that date. During the year of probation after the academy there will be an FTO phase and then additional probation phases where an FTO will ride with you once a week or so. Also added is a community project component where you meet and present community oriented policing ideas and projects.

It’s a change from the past where probation started on day one of the academy. Previously your probation would end 7-8 weeks after FTO was completed.

just wanting to give a heads up on what to expect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2366 users online. 143 members and 2223 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X