300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Columbus Police Academy Applicants

Starting a new thread for this years applicants. 90 bander here waiting to get sent my background packet.

I just submitted my PHS. Man that was nerve-racking!!

Comment

80 band. I was told by the BI we will likely get background phq in February which is unfortunate but what can you do. This is my first time applying so I’m trying to get used to how long the process takes. Franklin County Sheriff seems to be even longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmoore614 View Post
        80 band. I was told by the BI we will likely get background phq in February which is unfortunate but what can you do. This is my first time applying so I’m trying to get used to how long the process takes. Franklin County Sheriff seems to be even longer.
        You could still possibly get in for the June class. You might also be selected as an alternate for June. Don’t give up hope!

Comment

• Mrmoore614
          Mrmoore614 commented
          Editing a comment
          I appreciate it. Where are you in the process?

• LittleLamb
          LittleLamb commented
          Editing a comment
          I was in the current class, but I was injured out. I won’t heal in time for the December class, so I should be with next June’s class.
          If you want to be on patrol sooner, go CPD.
          And seriously, academy is the greatest job in the world. It’s hard, but worth it. I was really bummed that I had to leave, but I understood going in that if anything took me out, it would be an injury. Just a freak thing.

Nice, good luck my friend. That’s a huge accomplishment. Did you make it to the academy your first go around?

Comment

• LittleLamb
          LittleLamb commented
          Editing a comment
          I did! No idea how I got that lucky! My oral board interview was awful...thought I blew my chance, but When I made it to academy, other recruits said their oral board was the same level or worse than awful.

Good luck guys. Be honest. It gets you a long way. Lying will usually get you kicked right out of the process.

Comment

I’m curious about what made the oral board so rough. I mean, I imagine you got grilled and have heard the goal is to get you to react.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmoore614 View Post
            I’m curious about what made the oral board so rough. I mean, I imagine you got grilled and have heard the goal is to get you to react.
            Your BI will discuss things they might grill you about ahead of time, but be prepared for them to come at you from left field with something you never would think they would grill you about. That’s what happened to me. It was a shock. Several other recruits had a similar experience. It depends on who is selected for your oral board. They definitely tried to catch me off-guard, and they succeeded, but I stood my ground.

I have heard if you want to go home and cry, you did well.

Comment

Has anyone heard any tentative timelines for the upcoming steps for 2021 classes I.e. polygraphs etc...

Comment

The timeline I provided in the other thread should stay about the same. The class that just started is back on the normal schedule of classes (one in December at this time). The next class should start mid June 2021. Look for things to ramp up in January.

Comment

Appreciate it, Sir!

Originally posted by OHbuck15 View Post
                  The timeline I provided in the other thread should stay about the same. The class that just started is back on the normal schedule of classes (one in December at this time). The next class should start mid June 2021. Look for things to ramp up in January.

Comment

I was 90 band and my poly and background interview were in January, oral board in February. Moved through several steps at that point pretty quickly.

Are they letting you guys do the ride along? If so, I would suggest doing it before the oral board. I rode 3rd shift in the Hilltop on January 3rd.

Comment

Not sure about the ride-alongs, I believe they’re still not doing them due to covid. I’ve done plenty over the years though with friends on the department, so I do have some familiarity etc... 19pct is definitely busy on C company!

Comment

No ride alongs at the time. They have been cancelled since March and most likely won’t start back up until next spring or summer.

Comment

***Heads up***

oral boards will be starting end of January

Comment

• Cbuscrew1990
                            Cbuscrew1990 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When are the polygraphs starting? I received email from background investigator but haven’t heard anything in a couple weeks.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6664 users online. 351 members and 6313 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X