300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sheriff, Opota and getting started

Hi, I am looking at getting into law enforcement and have applied to a few police departments and am considering sheriffs departments (I wil be moving to Ohio). With this being said, does being hired by a sheriffs department (on average) in corrections lead to becoming a deputy. Will a department allow you to go to an academy at your own cost while being a corrections officer. Also, do many sheriffs departments hire deputies without Opota certifications. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mackzzz; 11-03-2020, 12:10 PM.

I know two Delaware County recruits who are in Columbus Police’s Academy. You might try their department. Union County requires an OPOTA cert to be hired. I believe Franklin County is on a minimum of 7-8 years in their jail before you can get on patrol with them.

Comment

Every county will be different. I'm not sure how the bigger counties are , but the smaller will not hire you as a deputy without certification. I guess it comes down to what shift you are on, and are you able to complete the academy with that shift. Smaller departments usually take a few years from the jail to the road; however, ive seen it done in as little as 6 months when some got lucky. It's going to be entirely based upon where you get hired on at.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2957 users online. 220 members and 2737 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X