300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus Police Dept...

I am new to this webpage and had a few questions about the hiring process. I have never applied for a law enforcement position. I am currently 26 years old and work for an engineering company. My background is "squeeky clean" however i have left a few jobs in the past without giving my 2 weeks notice, however was never fired. I have applied with the Columbus police department and go for my written test and B-PAD on June 2nd. I was wondering what the turn out for these tests usually is. What are the chances of actually getting into a department this size having no law enforcement background? Is anyone else taking the CPD test on the 2nd?

I have a friend who back in march went for his test and bpad and all of that and is now in the background process as of a week ago. He has no background in law enforcement, some agencies like that because they dont have any "bad habits" that they have to break from a previous agency.

Good luck

-law
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

I have heard the same thing, however i also know that a TON of people apply for Columbus Police. I guess i am just looking for a way to set myself apart from everyone else, you know what i mean?

Comment

Originally posted by osubuck View Post
        I am new to this webpage and had a few questions about the hiring process. I have never applied for a law enforcement position. I am currently 26 years old and work for an engineering company. My background is "squeeky clean" however i have left a few jobs in the past without giving my 2 weeks notice, however was never fired. I have applied with the Columbus police department and go for my written test and B-PAD on June 2nd. I was wondering what the turn out for these tests usually is. What are the chances of actually getting into a department this size having no law enforcement background? Is anyone else taking the CPD test on the 2nd?
        A very large number of CPD officers had no experience before being hired. The turnout for the tests are large but don't let that discourage you. Just stay in shape for the PAT and remember, no matter what you did in your background just don't lie about any of it because that will disqualify you for sure...

Comment

I had no le experience when hired. It is competitive but they choose the people that are right for the job. 6000 people tested for 50 spots when I was hired.
          Mega's right- never lie, get in shape and just do the best you can.
          Good luck.

Comment

I just found out that I am able to take the test on June 2nd as well. Any advice for the Columbus tests?

Comment

Did you happen to go to the job fair and fill out an application there?

Comment

i went to the open house at the academy. That's where i filled out a brief background report and they gave me the date of the exam on the spot. I go June 2nd at 8:00 am for my written and 2:00 pm for my B pad

Comment

i went to the open house at the academy. That's where i filled out a brief background report and they gave me the date of the exam on the spot. I go June 2nd at 8:00 am for my written and 2:00 pm for my B pad
                  Yeah, that's where I did my application. No one told me when and where the test was. I just got my stuff in the mail yesterday.

Comment

from what i hear the written part is ridiculously easy, however i have been going over that study guide like mad. I did a little acting in high school so I'm not too worried about the B-pad, however i'm not sure i fully understand what is expected of us during the B-pad either. Oh well i guess you go with the flow huh?

Comment

yeah, I'm going to start doing some research on the B-Pad. I have barely any idea of what to expect.

Comment

Nothing about the cpd process is ridiculously easy. You can't prepare for the bpad. It is a matter of who you are and how you react. When you get cocky, you get dq'd. And no offense but "acting" in high school has nothing to do with how you react to someone on the street.

Comment

from what i hear the written part is ridiculously easy, however i have been going over that study guide like mad. I did a little acting in high school so I'm not too worried about the B-pad, however i'm not sure i fully understand what is expected of us during the B-pad either. Oh well i guess you go with the flow huh?
                          You need to step back and think about what you are writing. I don't think you mean to but you are coming across as very cocky and writing things like you have years of experience. You don't know anything, but hopefully you will some day. The written test is not particularly hard. But lots of people fail it. The PAT is not hard but I've seen soldiers fresh off the plane from Iraq fail it.

Comment

I have a friend who handles some of the hiring process. He has told me that MANY, like 7 out of 10 fail when they get to their polygraph test and drug screening. Dont lie, if you get caught your pretty much screwed. and by god dont apply for a law enforcement position, when 3 months ago you were doing cocaine.

Also i have heard that the written test isnt so easy, but the initial physical is not so hard, a 300 meter sprint (oposed to a 1.5 mile run) and some pushups.
                            Last edited by Lawenforcer72; 05-25-2007, 09:37 AM.
                            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                            Rocky Balboa
                            Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

The B-Pad is a scenario in which you have to act out what happened and the outcome of it. Many i know dont do well on the bpad. But its okay im not really columbus material im leaning more the way of sheriff dept.

Im not a big fan of the "no pursuit" policy. Columbus probably has some of the best officers, but unfortunately some of the most people in one area in the state of ohio. So i guess those 270 troopers will handle it lol
                              sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                              Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5314 users online. 325 members and 4989 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X