300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

Met with my BI several weeks back and completed that step. It kind of caught me by surprise after receiving the letter about the delayed academy earlier that week, but a very welcomed surprise no doubt. Seems like everything went well and no news is good news, right? Well onto the Medical part, I hope it comes up soon despite the long wait still ahead.

Tireman, any news on your end?

Comment

Tpr2Be,

no still waiting, i figure if it starts in Nov. which is the "earliest" it will start. then we will be starting our BI in july/aug, and our physicals in aug-ish. but the later they start the longer we wait.

either way by the looks of it we'll both have to do an updated BI again and then you will do the med. and i'll do the med for a 3rd time.lol.

LAST TIME: I was contacted about the 149th in Aug. then i did an updated BI in early Dec. then the med in late dec. then we got the letter in mid jan. telling us it was postponed. the class was to start in april and we were to take the PT test/phych test in feb.

so, i'd use that timeline as a comparison for both us on this upcoming fall/spring. we'll get a letter, and a month to send it back saying we're still interested. then a one-3 months later we start the BI.

so, we coul get a letter this month saying that its starting in Nov. but if it did start in nov, then we wouldn't start our BI until may at the earliest.

Bottomline is: the BI, Med, PT test, and Pysch are only good for 6 months from the first day of the academy.

my personnal guess is that we will start our stuff between july and sept.

my first BI was in jan of 2007. so sit back and enjoy the ride.lol. i think you'll be in there this go round though. hope to see u around.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I hoping November is a go, since this is OSHP's 75th anniversary and that might be a factor in pushing for a class this fall. But I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

Comment

can anybody tell me a little about the background investigation? how do you know if you passed that part of the process? I am scheduled for poly soon!

Comment

The BI is basically an overview of everything you turned in for your PHQ including financial checks, references, employers, accidents, etc. As far as knowing if you passed or not, just hope to hear nothing as that is a good thing. If you fail to pass a step you will get a letter in the mail stating you are seperated from the process.

After I completed the poly I was contacted by my BI about 4 weeks later.

Comment

Hey guys, new here and have a question. I took the entrence exam the 19th of march and passed but with a score that I feel (know) i could do better on. I only got a 83 and from reading here, not nearly good enough to get anywhere fast if at all. I thought you could take the test twice from what I heard but when I called the recruitment they said I had to wait 3 years for that. My understanding was take the test twice and then after that 3 years I could start the process over. Thanks guys.

Comment

From what they told us when I took mine, you only get two chances to actually pass it, meaning that if you did pass it, you have to wait the 3 years to try to improve your score. Not really a friendly system, but one of the administrators there said something about it controlling costs for the state. Makes sense, buts its rough. I could be wrong, but I believe that was how they explained it.

Comment

Then you could be right. Maybe I just misunderstood them when they were telling us. Well Dang, Im pretty dissipointed now to say the least in my score.

Comment

From what I keep hearing is that OSP is under a hiring freeze and wont be hiring anytime soon. The last class to graduate weren't even commisioned after graduation, that means they went through the academy to get sent to a post as a cadet.

Comment

Yes they are on a freeze. All slots are full and what I heard is 16 or 17 graduates were sent to post's and not troopers yet because there is no room for them. They are just doing small stuff for the post such as dispatch.

Comment

That's what I heard too. When I took my test last month a trooper got on stage afterwards and said it probably won't be until March '09 before they have another academy. What wonderful news! He said the retirement rate is down. You can probably bet it has something to do with Ohio's horrid economy. People just can't afford to retire at 48.

Comment

Yup, That is what im assuming also. The economy pretty much sucks right now so people just cant afford to retire. They told us to find any troopers able to retire and tell them to get the hell out of there because its our turn. haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11140 users online. 441 members and 10699 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X