300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSHP (cont.)

I thought it was time to start another thread.

Well I was scheduled to take my PT test/Psych today but they called me Wednesday and told me it was cancelled. Turns out they are filled up for May 16th and they didn't want us to waste time and money because it will probably be longer than 6 months until the next one. They're talking spring of 2008. They asked if I still wanted to do the next one. I said yes and they said I have to do an abrieviated BGI and the Medical and treadmill stuff again. So looks like I have more time to study the info NativeTexan talked about.

Good luck to Youngstown!! He will be in the May class. Let us know how it goes.
    sigpic

Bummer you have to wait. Keep your chin up, it'll come soon enough. Good luck Youngstown.

Comment

Originally posted by TireMan View Post

Well I was scheduled to take my PT test/Psych today but they called me Wednesday and told me it was cancelled. Turns out they are filled up for May 16th and they didn't want us to waste time and money because it will probably be longer than 6 months until the next one. They're talking spring of 2008. They asked if I still wanted to do the next one. I said yes and they said I have to do an abrieviated BGI and the Medical and treadmill stuff again. So looks like I have more time to study the info NativeTexan talked about.

Good luck to you. Keep your chin up- it's worth it!

Comment

Hey Tireman, haven't been on the site for awhile and just saw your post. Sorry to hear about the bad luck. Who knows, maybe we'll both be in the next class. If the next one is in spring 08, when would they start processing for it, any idea? Good luck to you..

Comment

Hey OSU,

i'd say at least 6 mos. out, plus some. I didn't make the last one and i started almost 4 months before the academy start date.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks Texan
            sigpic

Comment

Ouch..gotta love these lenghty processes.

Comment

LOL, you betcha. Almost two years for CPD for me.

Comment

Has anyone ever had to write a letter of reconsideration for the oshp. I had to write one after my polygraph for further consideration and was denied. I can only write one more letter. I was wondering if anybody has ever done this and if they have , what was the outcome. little help.

Comment

Originally posted by TireMan View Post

Sorry about that mate. Don't sweat this. It took me 1 year to get in from application to Academy. I think I scored a 92 and was from Indiana (Ft. Wayne) to boot.

They are dropping like flies in the Academy right now. You'll see a new class sooner than later, probably before 2008.
                    Last edited by RuthlessOne; 06-26-2007, 12:00 AM. Reason: none
                    http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/

Comment

Ruthless,

Thanks for the tip. I basicaly took the last month and a half off from training and I've been indulging in bad food. Well, since they said wait till next year. In the last month and a half I've only done a 5k and 10k race. No other PT. I feel like Elvis(j/k), but I'll get back to it now that I've had some fun and good eats.

Good to hear from ya.

Oh, I got my official letter from the academy 2 weeks ago telling me I've been pushed back to the 149th(i think), even though they called me and told me. Dropping like flies... I hope Youngstown is still going strong.
                      sigpic

Comment

dropping like flies is music to my ears, let the weak ones drop out, they will make you or break you, oh those good old days. Ruthlessone is Unit 800 still at the academy, He was my Cub

Comment

Originally posted by trooperden View Post
                          dropping like flies is music to my ears, let the weak ones drop out, they will make you or break you, oh those good old days. Ruthlessone is Unit 800 still at the academy, He was my Cub
                          Sorry, I don't know who U-800 is..
                          http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/

Comment

Update:

Got a letter today.

They want me to send in a letter saying I'd like to continue in the process. It says I was being considered for the 148th(started 5-16-07) but that due to time constraints I was deferred to the 149th.

It says they have a tentative timeline for the 149th now. Start date is 4-16-08 and Graduation is 11-14-08.

I must send correspondence stating my intentions. If I want to continue, be deferred again, or withdraw alltogether. Must be recieved by 8-24-07.

Once again, I'll keep you all posted.Thanks for all the support.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thats too bad about the wait. I got a letter today saying that they want me to start processing for the 149th! If all goes well, hopefully we'll be in the same class. Tireman, if you don't mind, could you give me some advice if you have any about the whole process since you have recently been through it? Much appreciated

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9410 users online. 363 members and 9047 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X