X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LittleLamb
    replied
    Originally posted by Lepec View Post
    Hi all, 80 band on standby for July class here. Can I ask how long it took after your psych eval to get a final offer?
    Not long. A week or two.

Leave a comment:

• Lepec
    replied
    Hi all, 80 band on standby for July class here. Can I ask how long it took after your psych eval to get a final offer?

Leave a comment:

• Welchwelch
    replied
    This is an extremely formative time for anyone going through the academy. Regardless of your beliefs of the matter, take this time to reflect on what you can do to improve. Listen to the voices trying to be heard and speak up using your own. Make change where you see fit.
    https://8m46s.com

Leave a comment:

• Smitty23
    commented on 's reply
    I’m definitely interested

• OffcrBang
    replied
    To anyone starting class in June: There is a group of us meeting every Saturday in Columbus to do COPfit workouts and we usually get lunch afterwards. Please message me if you are interested in joining the group.

Leave a comment:

• aTrainOfMe
    replied
    If anybody wants to meet up for a run, feel free to message me

Leave a comment:

• LunarCPD
    replied
    Originally posted by LittleLamb View Post
    Does anyone know the run schedule for academy? I heard running happens M-Th and Friday is boxing. I want to start living on that running schedule. Also, is every day a longer run or are some days sprint-work?

Also, are there any restrictions on running shoes, like color? I need new running shoes and was going to buy this weekend while the Memorial Day sales are happening
    Pretty much what OHBuck said matches up to roughly what I’ve heard. COVID and attempts to keep people separated might effect the schedule of training.

Here is my typical workout (adjust for yourself, I’m not a trainer so do at your own risk, also I’m probably one of the older recruits this class so most of you can probably kick my times and routines) Also I’ve switched to trying to do more pushups and sit-ups. Groups of 20-25, total each day to equal the number of the day of the year (144 for today of each over course of day)

m/w/f -run - 5k Sub 30min pace.
    Sat: 10k (sub 30min starting 5k then whatever it takes for second 5k). Longer runs will make the 5k runs easier.

Tues/weds/sat:

warmup:
    25 yard Swimming motion on toes, forwards then backwards 25 yards
    25 yard Frankenstein kicks forward then backwards
    25 yard knee hugs forward return with 25 yard high knees
    25 yard lunge then twist (go down in a lunch then twist torso left, then right, then reach up, then stand up)
    25 yard backward lunges
    25 yard squat and scoop (half step forward onto heel toe up, bend over and scoop with both hands down and up) should feel it in hamstrings
    25 yard down and back jog

main:
    3 rounds:
    10 jump squats
    20 mountain climbers (20 each side)
    20 step ups (each side)
    20 jumping jacks and toe touch

3 rounds:
    20 each side Alternating lateral lunch in 1-3-1 pattern
    20 each side bicycle crunch
    20 bounce squats
    20 penguin crunches

3 rounds:
    30 second wall squat hands over head on wall
    20 Leg lifts
    15 pushups
    20 V crunches

cooldown:
    25 yard grab and reach (grab ankle with same side hand behind, then reach with other hand up and go high on toes)
    25 yard slow jog
    left and right spread stretches
    fetal stretch

roll muscles
    ice the crap out of everything
    resist temptation to have tacos.

i am still on my training facilities daily workout email workout of the day if anyone wants to me to send copies.

a lot of stuff is hard during the gym shutdowns and I’m on the fence going back to my boot camp training facility. Doing as much as I can to minimize my exposure to COVID.

Leave a comment:

• OHbuck15
    commented on 's reply
    Typically workouts are Monday Wednesday Friday with TuesdayThursday as rest days however things change all the time. this current class did boxing and groundwork very early due to the pandemic starting.

Be prepared to run a 5K the first week.

Not too picky on shoes I would just keep more conservative.

Also the amount of running various there’s lots of circuit workouts that are done so I would be focusing a lot on push-ups sit ups and Burpee‘s. To be honest you really don’t need a gym right now either as you will do very little heavy weight work while at the Academy.

Very excited for you guys as it’s a fun time and you’ll never forget it but I would really focus on knowing the core values and 10 codes as well.
    Last edited by OHbuck15; 05-24-2020, 07:29 AM.

• LittleLamb
    replied
    Does anyone know the run schedule for academy? I heard running happens M-Th and Friday is boxing. I want to start living on that running schedule. Also, is every day a longer run or are some days sprint-work?

Also, are there any restrictions on running shoes, like color? I need new running shoes and was going to buy this weekend while the Memorial Day sales are happening
    Last edited by LittleLamb; 05-23-2020, 01:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LunarCPD
    replied
    Got my appointment letter early this week and can’t wait. Uniform fitting is done and now it’s counting down the days.

If anyone is interested in getting together when the weather is nice to do some group workouts or runs let me know. With the gyms closed PT has been the hardest thing to keep up with.

Leave a comment:

• LittleLamb
    replied
    Just got my offer as well! See everyone soon!

Leave a comment:

• Purpskurp
    commented on 's reply
    Just got it. See you in June!

• OffcrBang
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you!!! Yours is definitely coming. I have a few people on a group chat that still haven't received theirs and they did well on everything from what they said. Hopefully soon!!!

• Purpskurp
    replied
    Congrats! I still had a supplemental poly last week so maybe that's holding me up. This wait to get the final offer feels like forever.

Leave a comment:

• OffcrBang
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I received mine last Sunday.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6759 users online. 371 members and 6388 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X