X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbnerK
    replied
    Looking forward to this year!!
    Last edited by AbnerK; 02-22-2020, 07:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Yas614
    replied
    Anyone in the 80 band receive PHS yet?

Leave a comment:

• Columbus
    commented on 's reply
    If you own the mistake that alone shouldn't stop you. I know several people who tried hard recreational drugs 4-6 years prior to being hired by this dept. Put it on your PHQ, own it every step of the way, and that alone won't be enough of a barrier to stop you.

• LittleLamb
    replied
    For anyone going to PT on Friday, dress warm. Looks to be pretty chilly. My understanding is that the run will be outside

Leave a comment:

• Troll42
    commented on 's reply
    You will need a watch for the academy.
    You need it mostly during 35 training.

• Chaney1
    replied
    after that event I distanced myself from those friends, moved states started a new career and promoted 3 times with a reputable company and got married and had 2 children. Good credit, never had any trouble with law enforcement other then 2 speeding tickets several years ago. Never touched any drugs after that or drank for that matter it’s just a stupid night that is part of my past I can’t change and regret. Appreciate the insight and I am currently in the process just got 80 band waiting on PHQ and polygraph

Leave a comment:

• OHbuck15
    replied
    You’ll need to provide the exact date to the best of your ability. I know of applicants who made it through with prior drug use, however, the illicit use was 8-10 years ago.

4 years ago may be too close. That’s not that long ago. You’ll have to show the oral board a high level of maturity. Also, the polygraph will be a huge hurdle.

just be prepared to answer honestly, truthfully, and take full responsibility. Don’t make excuses. If you do they will eat you alive. It’s no one else’s fault but yours that you choose to use cocaine.

good luck with the process.

Leave a comment:

• LittleLamb
    commented on 's reply
    If you do enter the process and you make it far, expect to be grilled about this in Oral Board. Defend yourself, but say it was a very stupid decision on your part. You did it once, it was a mistake.

• Yas614
    commented on 's reply
    Not employed with CPD. However, based on the background removal standards it states after 3 years you should be good. I would also advise contacting the recruiting unit for more information.

• Chaney1
    replied
    Just curious for anyone whose currently employed with CPD to give me insight on my past disqualifying me. Over 4 years ago I got drunk with my best friend and a few buddies and few people that came to see them from out of town I didn’t know. Well stupid me was convinced into trying cocaine that night and now I’m worried it will bar me from following my passion. Any advice on realistically getting a chance to work and serve?

Leave a comment:

• LittleLamb
    replied
    Do I need a watch for academy? I’m not a watch wearer, but I am going to want one for the job. Just finding out how soon I will need to make the purchase.

Leave a comment:

• LittleLamb
    replied
    Originally posted by camarine08 View Post
    Has anyone done the Oral Board this week yet?
    I think one of our guys still in the process had his this week. I go on Monday.

Did you get the PT test invite?

Leave a comment:

• camarine08
    replied
    Has anyone done the Oral Board this week yet?

Leave a comment:

• LittleLamb
    replied
    Anyone else here still in the process? Oral boards started this week for the 90 band. I hear they are opening 80 band soon, so 80 band people get ready!

Leave a comment:

• OffcrBang
    replied
    He didn't give me a time frame on when unfortunately. He just went over what they would be asking. I sent you a message too!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3552 users online. 268 members and 3284 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X