Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, 80 band on standby for July class here. Can I ask how long it took after your psych eval to get a final offer?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lepec View Post
      Hi all, 80 band on standby for July class here. Can I ask how long it took after your psych eval to get a final offer?
      Not long. A week or two.

Comment

• Any 80 band people received anything after the psych eval yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Welchwelch View Post
          Any 80 band people received anything after the psych eval yet?
          I contacted my BI. Was told the status of my psych eval and that my current status is “ready for final offer.” I’m thinking that a final offer won’t be made until there is a vacancy. As in, if someone drops out for the July class, would then be given a final offer. I’m thinking that a final offer can’t be made because if there isn’t a spot open in July, then the status would still be conditional pending another physical test in August for the December class. I’m just guessing but it wouldn’t make sense to have a final offer without a start date, to then be moved back to a conditional offer. I’ll be contacting the director of safety’s office next week in the event that they don’t reach out by then.

Comment

• Each class usually has 10-15 on standby. Those on standby can get called to start academy during the first week as it is not
            OPOTA classes. If your on standby then you will have a final offer and have completed the final steps. If you haven’t done those final steps then I would plan on December.

Comment

• Just checking if any 80 band from July 2019 has heard anything? Was told by BI back in April I would be getting scheduled for polygraph soon and still no update. Just curious if anyone's heard any buzz

Comment

• For anyone on standby for the July class, check your emails. Orientation is coming up.

Comment

• Just good for thought:

I would strongly consider the pros and cons of joining CPD at this time. I can honestly tell you that this dept is full of dedicated individuals willing to serve the community. With that being said, morale is at the lowest ever. Between city council and the mayor, they are hunting for an officer to fire and charge.

all I want you to consider is whether this is the best place for you. Proactive police work is non-existant right now because everyone is in fear of a being arrested for doing their job.

there is no better training academy in the country but many significant changes are coming.

good luck everyone.

Comment

• Little confused after orientation.

I was told at orientation that, in the first week of academy, we will have to run 1.5 miles in 11:58. Pass/fail. I was under the impression that this is what we will have to make by the end of academy. Anyone have clarification?

Comment

• LittleLamb
                      LittleLamb commented
                      Editing a comment
                      We were tested to the 50th percentile during orientation (for those of us in the next class).

• If you are worried about making it in just under 12 minutes, I would have to say you have not been training. As a 52 year old, I could make it in 11:30 and walked a few hundred yards! Step up Lepec.
                    you will get hammered in that first week, I promise you.

Comment

• Lepec
                      Lepec commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the feedback.

• You should be at those standards already. This academy doesn’t have time to get you to where you need to be. If your not close then you will have a target on your back the entire academy. There are no excuses at this point. Also I would highly suggest that you train in the hottest times times of the day right now. Lots of push ups, burpees, sit-ups, squats (the basics). Don’t be that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by OHbuck15 View Post
                      You should be at those standards already. This academy doesn’t have time to get you to where you need to be. If your not close then you will have a target on your back the entire academy. There are no excuses at this point. Also I would highly suggest that you train in the hottest times times of the day right now. Lots of push ups, burpees, sit-ups, squats (the basics). Don’t be that guy.
                      I appreciate the advice!
                      Last edited by Lepec; 07-02-2020, 07:23 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6068 users online. 392 members and 5676 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X