300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LittleLamb View Post
    Has anyone done a ride-along yet? I sent in a request for a 3rd shift ride-along.
    I just signed up for my ride along in February. I passed my poly and pre-interview so I wanted to get it in before the next step!

Comment

• LittleLamb
      LittleLamb commented
      Editing a comment
      What was the time frame between your poly/BI and finding out you passed? I just had mine yesterday.
      I did my ride along on Jan 3rd, third shift in the Hilltop. They suggested I go on another, but wait until everyone else gets their first one in.

• OffcrBang
      OffcrBang commented
      Editing a comment
      He told me as soon as I was finished with my Poly that I had no discrepancies and in my pre-interview, the detective was coaching me on my next interview and the next step. I haven't received anything official yet though.

• LittleLamb
      LittleLamb commented
      Editing a comment
      If I recall correctly, he said they hope to have oral boards done by the end of February...Is that what you were told?
      It seems like they are about a month behind last year's group...not sure if they were ahead last year or if they have more applicants in the 90 band to process this year.

He didn't give me a time frame on when unfortunately. He just went over what they would be asking. I sent you a message too!

Comment

Anyone else here still in the process? Oral boards started this week for the 90 band. I hear they are opening 80 band soon, so 80 band people get ready!

Comment

Has anyone done the Oral Board this week yet?

Comment

Originally posted by camarine08 View Post
          Has anyone done the Oral Board this week yet?
          I think one of our guys still in the process had his this week. I go on Monday.

Did you get the PT test invite?

Comment

Do I need a watch for academy? I’m not a watch wearer, but I am going to want one for the job. Just finding out how soon I will need to make the purchase.

Comment

• Troll42
              Troll42 commented
              Editing a comment
              You will need a watch for the academy.
              You need it mostly during 35 training.

Just curious for anyone whose currently employed with CPD to give me insight on my past disqualifying me. Over 4 years ago I got drunk with my best friend and a few buddies and few people that came to see them from out of town I didn’t know. Well stupid me was convinced into trying cocaine that night and now I’m worried it will bar me from following my passion. Any advice on realistically getting a chance to work and serve?

Comment

• Yas614
              Yas614 commented
              Editing a comment
              Not employed with CPD. However, based on the background removal standards it states after 3 years you should be good. I would also advise contacting the recruiting unit for more information.

• LittleLamb
              LittleLamb commented
              Editing a comment
              If you do enter the process and you make it far, expect to be grilled about this in Oral Board. Defend yourself, but say it was a very stupid decision on your part. You did it once, it was a mistake.

You’ll need to provide the exact date to the best of your ability. I know of applicants who made it through with prior drug use, however, the illicit use was 8-10 years ago.

4 years ago may be too close. That’s not that long ago. You’ll have to show the oral board a high level of maturity. Also, the polygraph will be a huge hurdle.

just be prepared to answer honestly, truthfully, and take full responsibility. Don’t make excuses. If you do they will eat you alive. It’s no one else’s fault but yours that you choose to use cocaine.

good luck with the process.

Comment

after that event I distanced myself from those friends, moved states started a new career and promoted 3 times with a reputable company and got married and had 2 children. Good credit, never had any trouble with law enforcement other then 2 speeding tickets several years ago. Never touched any drugs after that or drank for that matter it’s just a stupid night that is part of my past I can’t change and regret. Appreciate the insight and I am currently in the process just got 80 band waiting on PHQ and polygraph

Comment

• Columbus
                Columbus commented
                Editing a comment
                If you own the mistake that alone shouldn't stop you. I know several people who tried hard recreational drugs 4-6 years prior to being hired by this dept. Put it on your PHQ, own it every step of the way, and that alone won't be enough of a barrier to stop you.

For anyone going to PT on Friday, dress warm. Looks to be pretty chilly. My understanding is that the run will be outside

Comment

Anyone in the 80 band receive PHS yet?

Comment

Looking forward to this year!!
                  Last edited by AbnerK; 02-22-2020, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• LittleLamb
                    LittleLamb commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Are you applying or are you currently in the 80 or 90 band?

I think those of us who have made it this far are just waiting on the Director of Public Safety to send conditional offers to the 50-ish he chooses for June academy.

Does anyone know if all the PT testing is done?

Comment

80 band should be getting processed now. Make sure you have all your documents prepared and ready for your interviews.

Comment

I just received my conditional offer!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• LittleLamb
                        LittleLamb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Awesome! I haven't heard anything yet.
                        CONGRATS!!!!!!!

• Sk8wizard
                        Sk8wizard commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Does it tell you if you made the June class or not? Or is it a broad offer that could be June or December? Congrats. That’s awesome news

• LittleLamb
                        LittleLamb commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Was the offer via phone, email or snail mail?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 280 members and 5659 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X