300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Columbus Police Academy Applicants

I suppose I will start this post for 2019. I'm hearing that they have two classes for June and December 2020. I took it last year and missed the 70 band by 2 points for the COPE. Highly disappointed but to be fair, I didn't attend P.A.S.S. I certainly am this year, possibly more than once. I'm trying to get some insight to see if anyone took it more than once and are the scenarios different? I've already started to study the written portion as well as the multiple choice. Extremely out of shape for being 31 but that starts this month too. I know officers personally so I have a few ride-alongs coming up too (one being with my dad who retires in 2020). How about everyone else?

This will be my first time taking the test. Made it to final selections for Communications Tech and the process is similar minus the physical portion so I hope that's a good indicator to what's to come. Good Luck !

Comment

I’m in this again. Let’s get it done!

Comment

Don't fool yourself in to thinking that the minimum physical requirements are just fine to start the Academy. If you can't jog non-stop for at least two miles on day one, you are in trouble!!!

Comment

I'll be putting my name in the hat. I like hearing that the first class will be no earlier than June of 2020.That would give me time to get settled down in Columbus after my graduation this December.

Comment

I’ll be testing again this year, I have been at this since 2013 and I can’t stress it enough, make sure you’re squared away. Physically, emotionally, financially, and stay out of trouble. Troll42 is correct, do not settle for the minimums or they will burn you out within 15 minutes. This occupation requires you to be in it to win it and short cuts won’t be tolerated, you will realize that physically lol. Best of luck in all of your processes and I hope to meet some of you this coming Saturday for the CPD seminar, it’s very informative and I encourage you all to go if you’re able too.

Comment

• SuperTrooper!
              SuperTrooper! commented
              Editing a comment
              You're still at it?! Good luck!

• Adam2015
              Adam2015 commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah man.. it’s been brutal but I’m not going to give up. I’ve had a lot of work to do honestly lol. How have you been? Hope all has been well.

I wasn't able to make it to the seminar but I will be at the PASS coming up. I've already started the physical and honestly, I stay home if I'm not working just to avoid trouble lol

Comment

Good lol, best thing you can do.

Comment

Currently going through last years process and might reapply just in case.

Comment

• Adam2015
                  Adam2015 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  oh?, well best of luck to you and I hope it works out for you.

Originally posted by CRush31 View Post
                I suppose I will start this post for 2019. I'm hearing that they have two classes for June and December 2020. I took it last year and missed the 70 band by 2 points for the COPE. Highly disappointed but to be fair, I didn't attend P.A.S.S. I certainly am this year, possibly more than once. I'm trying to get some insight to see if anyone took it more than once and are the scenarios different? I've already started to study the written portion as well as the multiple choice. Extremely out of shape for being 31 but that starts this month too. I know officers personally so I have a few ride-alongs coming up too (one being with my dad who retires in 2020). How about everyone else?
                If you get selected, make sure you take the physical preparation seriously. CPD's academy is very physical by police academy standards, and every class loses numerous people the first couple weeks that just can't keep up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5954 users online. 183 members and 5771 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X