300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Auxiliary Force

Next summer I'll be old enough to be an auxiliary officer for the Cleveland PD but I was wondering if, for some reason, you need to live within Cleveland city limits to do so. A lot of the others cities in my area require you to be older (I think) so I'd really like to do this until ,hopefully, someday I may become a full time officer . Thanks guys!

I believe if it is the same for the city pd's as it is for the County sheriff offices, as long as you live within an adjoining county of the department you are able to work there. Some cities have a 30 mile air radius restriction.
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Good to hear. Thanks!

Comment

Oh yeah I'm sure it's their auxiliaries. I happened to read somewhere (cleveland.com I think) about Cleveland's auxiliaries and it mentioned you need to be 18 years old.

Here's a link: http://www.cleveland.com/crime/index.../programs.html

scroll towards the center
        Last edited by arbys512; 05-01-2007, 09:35 PM.

Comment

I had someone in my police academy class who had been an auxiliary officer for months before joining the academy as an open enrollment. So I'm very sure that certification is NOT required. Reserves and Auxiliary are totally different pretty much everywhere I've looked (Lorain County, Cuyahoga County Suburbs).

Comment

The auxiliary in my class actually failed the academy, and he's back working with the SO as an aux. It may be a department by department decision, or perhaps I saw the one exception to the rule. I dunno for sure.

Comment

FYI, CPD aux. is not a sworn position, and you do not need to be certified by OPOTA. You do need to live in the city. They do not have enforcement powers, are not armed and are not sworn. They mostly provide for eyes and ears for the department, patrolling out of base stations, supervised by sworn officers They are called out for emergencies, traffic control and things of that nature. If you are interested in a sworn aux. or reserve position, CPD does not offer anything like that. Several suburbs do (Garfield Heights and parma come to mind), as does some of the sheriffs departments. Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6227 users online. 329 members and 5898 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X