300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSHP Auxiliary

I was wondering if anyone had any up to date information on what it is like to be on the Auxiliary for the OSHP? I did a search, and found some threads that were dated, but nothing as of recent. Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Of course it is all volunteer work. You also have to furnish your own uniform. You have to "work" so many hours a year. You simply ride with troopers and you're an extra set of eyes. You can also work DUI checkpoints.
    Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Comment

Thank you for the information. I'm aware it's all volunteering, but the uniform is surprising. I have orientation next Saturday down in Columbus. Do you think this would be a good experience prior to applying to become full time?

Comment

• SuperTrooper!
        SuperTrooper! commented
        Editing a comment
        I 100% think it would be a great experience! You will get to learn the job from the inside.

As an auxillary I would tell you it is a great experience, you will definitely learn a lot and have a head start if you wish to become a trooper

Comment

I got the opportunity to attend a last minute orientation this coming Saturday to fill in some spots they lost due to disqualifications. I'm really excited for this and can't wait to attend the training in June.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10416 users online. 478 members and 9938 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X