300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Record

Does anyone know how to get a complete record of my driving history? I went to the BMV and all they could give me was a 3 year abstract, and the PHQ I'm filling out is asks for 6 years back. Think this is something I can get from a local PD? I've asked a couple officers and they all say "I dunno, why would you need more than 3 years, because the points drop off after that."

Thanks

i asked the local pd once and they told me go to bmv.

Comment

In Indiana my courthouse and PD refuse to give out ticket records. The court tells me to go to the DMV even after I explain I need ALL tickets even the ones that weren't convicted. I know the court has them because they can look them up in the computers but they refuse to make printouts and keep telling me I have to go to the DMV and pay.
      Short of a lawsuit for violating freedom of information and of course MY rights to MY dispositions, I can't get them. So I just tack a note to my applications explaining the circumstances and that I've tried multiple ways/times to get the paperwork.

Comment

This may not help but most court records are available on-line. I looked up and found both of my citations. It gave me everything including when I appeared, what I was charged with, payment, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyZ
          Does anyone know how to get a complete record of my driving history? I went to the BMV and all they could give me was a 3 year abstract, and the PHQ I'm filling out is asks for 6 years back. Think this is something I can get from a local PD? I've asked a couple officers and they all say "I dunno, why would you need more than 3 years, because the points drop off after that."

Thanks
          i know what you mean, ive experienced the same situation. it is weird that they only go back 3 years. most of the departments ive applied to ask for the previous 10 years of traffic tickets. however, what ive done in the past is write down to the best of my knowledge all of the traffic tickets i've ever received (including dates) and then i wrote a little side note explaining that there are probably other tickets not mentioned here but that my driving record only goes back 3 years. 99% of the time they'll understand and won't make a big deal out of it. just tell it like it is and you'll be fine. the mere fact that you made an effort to purchase your driving record should go a long way with them.

Comment

go to municipalcourt.org
            look up traffic violations
            type in your social security number
            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
            Rocky Balboa
            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by HopefulAcct
              This may not help but most court records are available on-line. I looked up and found both of my citations. It gave me everything including when I appeared, what I was charged with, payment, etc.

Where did you find this? I checked the official Ohio BMV website and all I can find is the 3 year abstract report (same thing they charge $5 for at the BMV).

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72
                go to municipalcourt.org
                look up traffic violations
                type in your social security number

Thanks for the tip but that website is for Delaware. I have all my citations in Ohio, this doesn't help me at all.

Comment

Its a city in Ohio.

Comment

Very good, you're correct, however I have been trying to find a court record for the counties I believe I recieved tickets in. The only one that doesn't have one is Ashland county.
                    Last edited by JohnnyZ; 04-15-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4781 users online. 239 members and 4542 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X