300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Police academy 2018 and beyond

I am currently an applicant for the Cleveland Police Department for patrolman and was wondering if there was anyone else who is applying and if so whether or not they've heard anything about when the new academy class and if anyone has received a conditional offer yet.

Deleted....
    Last edited by kshields30; 08-31-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• JDWhite
      JDWhite commented
      Editing a comment
      They will assign you a number on the eligibility list and then have you do the PAT. Once you pass that you'll come back about a week later for your interview and then the waiting game starts. I had my interview in early April and haven't heard a word back yet. Supposedly they need people bad though.

I really wish I could afford to support the family at the pay they offer during the 6 months at the academy or else I would totally be getting after it. Cleveland has its struggles but what city doesnt and it's a really nice place in my opinion. Like any city, it has its areas of need for improvements but that doesn't mean we cant work together as a community or a society to make it better. Best of luck to you guys.

Comment

• kshields30
      kshields30 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not that its much of a difference, but I did see they raised their academy pay from 10.50 to 15.00 an HR. Still a gigantic struggle if you got kids but it's better than that 10:50 nonsense

• Adam2015
      Adam2015 commented
      Editing a comment
      I dont disagree and it is a much better pay but I have a family of 5 and yeah.. not to mention relocating, new school districts, etc.. I need to be at minimum 18.50 an hour, just to simply get by lol, but for 6 months I could make that work.

JD White thanks for the info bud. After testing around my local PDS for awhile now, I know allll about those waiting games haha. Good luck to you and let me know when you hear something.

Comment

Does anyone know what a good score on the video portion of the NTN exam would be? I took it last year and scored in the 70’s,it was pretty difficult.

Comment

• kshields30
        kshields30 commented
        Editing a comment
        Cleveland PD requires a 65% as a bare minimum passing score on the video portion. According to their email, This is also the main and only score they use to rank someone on the eligibility list. Therefore, anything way above that 65% (80-90s) would give you a hire eligibility # and chance of moving along in the hiring process.

Has anyone heard anything new? I'm still getting the mushroom treatment

Comment

Yes, I just got my ranking but that’s it.

Comment

Same here. Got my ranking and that's all.

Comment

Do you know how he ranking system works? What is considered a good ranking with a possibility of moving forward? I got 105.

Comment

• kshields30
              kshields30 commented
              Editing a comment
              No exactly sure.. they never stated the ranking system was random so I could only assume that 1 is the top spot. It's a major department that is supposedly hiring a lot of people so 105 is a probably a good rank. Like most (major city) departments Sammy0916, ranking doesn't mean squat. They are going to burn through candidates left and right and only a few of the qualified will actually get the job. Just gotta wait for the call and pass every step they throw at you.

Ok thanks I appreciate the info.

Comment

does any one know when they will invite us for PAT,in the job posting when i applied they said it will be end of july and now mid of august .does any know insight .bc if they do in mid of august and my wedding is mid of august i dont know what should i do at this moment

Comment

They said sometime late August. Does anyone have any insight to how the rest of the process goes after PAT?

Comment

i called them and they told me it b mid of august

Comment

Who did you call? civil service or recruiting ? Have you received the date for the PAT yet ?

Comment

i called the civil service .no they didnt tell me any date yet i hope they dont tell us at the last min . bc mid of august mean either august 11/12 or august 18/19

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7784 users online. 336 members and 7448 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X