Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is starting in corrections an okay move?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is starting in corrections an okay move?

Hello,

I am in Southwest Ohio and currently in the police acadmey. I hope to have my certification by July 11th. There’s an abundance of departments in this area hiring and I am making the most of it. I also know that Butler County is always hiring corrections officers and there is a fair chance to become a deputy within two years. As a newbie I won’t be picky with my first job (even if it is part time). I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice about going the corrections route compared to getting on with a department part-time. Any help would be great!

I would highly recommend it, you see familiar faces behind bars who tend to be reocurring so when you transition to the street you know the individual and how to communicate with them so that they comply and most importantly they also trust you and your approach and you both are safe. With corrections man, you will see these people on the street, especially on short time offense's, so a professional rapport is always a plus. Me personally, I love working corrections but I work for the state not the county but also see a lot of offenders on the street, so bare that in mind as well.

Comment

Most Sheriff departments [most , not all] make you start out in the Jail first, working your way to the road. Now this can take months, or years depending on departments and turnover. Most of these departments will put you as an auxiliary officer to work special details while you work at the jail. Some of these departments will pay you for the part time work depending on what the detail is. That is your best route if you want to do Sheriff's department. Still a pretty good way to go if you want city police to. Experience is experience.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4757 users online. 202 members and 4555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X