300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper Arlington Candidates

Anyone else entering into the UAPD process? I submitted my NTN scores to them last month after seeing they were preparing to open up the hiring process and was contacted by email earlier this week asking if I would like to move forward in becoming a candidate for the academy. (which I accepted) The email said the next steps would be emailed to me on March 9th I believe.
    The loudest one in the room is the weakest.

Very competitive process. If accepted you will be sent through the OSHP academy which is a live in and very intensive. Typically hires 1-2 per process.

Comment

• Bauer
      Bauer commented
      Editing a comment
      I was told by the Sergeant in charge they are looking to hire 2 people. The chief will decide if we go to the OSHP or if we go through Columbus PD as they use both.

I do wonder how many people are going to be in this process for just 2 positions, but I'd imagine they won't disclose that information.

Lol I'd say any where from 400 to 500 people

Comment

Really? TPD only uses 200 for 42 spots.

Comment

I'm speaking on terms of applicants, they may cut down to the top 200 or whatever their preferance is. You have a shot at it like anyone else, good luck!

Comment

Ahhh. Yeah, I was just talking about who was selected to go to the fitness test. I have my fitness test, interview and finger printing in a couple of weeks. They do all of that in the same day for those who pass each portion.

Comment

Oh okay, sorry i misunderstood, sounds like its going pretty good for you then! I hope it works out.

Comment

According to NTN they're hiring.. hows your process Bauer? I retake my NTN exam tomorrow morning. My only concern with this process is my record and they disclose that with certain infractions on your record you could be disqualified from the process.. I applied anyway because it has been almost a decade but still..

Comment

Not too much to it yet, honestly. They contacted me and asked if I still wanted to be considered. I said yes so they gave me a fitness test date and time. I went and passed..they sent me into an interview room directly after where I was interviewed by 2 sergeants and a lieutenant..passed that so they sent me over to a receptionist to fill out some paperwork and begin filling out stuff for my background..then they fingerprinted me and told me to send in my completed background paperwork within 2 weeks.

Comment

Thats awesome, do you know how many people tested?

Comment

No, I'm not sure.

Comment

Alright thanks buddy

Comment

I'm currently in UAPD's process.

Comment

They just opened applications up too..

Comment

• Erind5
                            Erind5 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Oh wow, already? I have the chief's interview tomorrow.

• Adam2015
                            Adam2015 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yup, I am confused though.. they only want people who are already opota cerified? Not sure if I am reading the qualifiers correctly lol..

• Erind5
                            Erind5 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah I'm not sure. I'm not opota certified and I received my conditional offer of employment with them. I start the academy in August.

• arobinson82
                            arobinson82 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Erind5, are you going to the basic peace officer training starting August 20th?

UAPD puts candidates through either the State Trooper Academy or The Columbus Academy. It's up to the Chief.

Congrats on the spot Erind.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8477 users online. 327 members and 8150 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X