300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult vs Juvenile

I am looking into working in corrections and I didn’t know if anyone currently worked in adult or juvenile corrections that would be able to give me some feedback on what it is like in either place. Thanks

I cant tell you from personal experiences of working in a jail being that i havent worked in one, but i have close friends that work in both areas juvenile, and adult. Both work in marion,ohio "Jail Country" where there are like 5 jails lined up a mile long.

there are a few adult prisons and state pens up there, but my friend work for Multi County, also known as MCI which i believe is hiring right now. But anyways she has said the job is okay, but after a few months she says it gets old, dealing with the same people that are in there for a period of time giving you the same crap. So i guess if your into working in a place where you deal with a lot of the same people and same things everyday that would be good. An upside on a prison, your backup is 5 seconds away if needed.

Now the juvenile prison i heard is a little harder. The juveniles are given a little more leadway to do their own type of thing. But i heard it is very easy to get a lawsuit filed against you in juvenile jail because of the typical "he touched me" or what not that they try to bing against the corrections officer. But i mean its up to you, either way i could never work in a jail or be a dispatcher, but i greatly respect both!
    sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
    Rocky Balboa
    Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Thanks for the info, that helps me out some.

Comment

Before being hired as a Deputy i spent 4 months as a Juvenile Detention Officer. I can tell you that when i worked at JDC the Juveniles were locked down the majority of the time. it is auctally the opposite of the above post, not that he's wrong my experience is just different. they were locked down all but meals, 2, 1 hour rec sessions and a movie. Juveniles were given no leway and were expected to be extremely well disiplined while housed.

Across the street at the Justice Center, i have been amazed at how the inmate move pretty freely about the faculity, they have cable tv and are able to do so many things. it is really a night and day difference
        " The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few"

Comment

hey i thought i would update my post, the juvenile wasnt actually a jail its a "rehabilitation center" they have cells, and they are locked up, but they are more free to move around. lol they even have 40 inch plasma t.v.'s

-Law
          sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
          Rocky Balboa
          Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

It seems like most intmates have a better life in jail then on the street...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6733 users online. 346 members and 6387 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X