300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ODRC Hiring Process?

Was just wondering what was everyones hiring process timeline for ODRC? I searched and really didnt find much.

Depends on the institution you'e applying to, but what seems to be the average time line is 6 months from date of application to start of the academy. For me it was about 4 months.
    Last edited by Adam2015; 01-02-2018, 06:18 PM.

Comment

It can be really fast like 4 months, like for my friend and his interview group, he said it took him 4 months. Or it can take a while, like 1 year. It depends on the hiring needs of the institution, at the time. I applied October 2016 and got hired fairly recently on September 2017, but I knew by summer 2017 that I was selected for hire, because I had asked personnel. A couple of officers got hired 2 months before me, and they also applied Oct 2016, and we were in the same interview group, so it took them 9 months from application to hire.

Comment

Originally posted by KLJG View Post
        It can be really fast like 4 months, like for my friend and his interview group, he said it took him 4 months. Or it can take a while, like 1 year. It depends on the hiring needs of the institution, at the time. I applied October 2016 and got hired fairly recently on September 2017, but I knew by summer 2017 that I was selected for hire, because I had asked personnel. A couple of officers got hired 2 months before me, and they also applied Oct 2016, and we were in the same interview group, so it took them 9 months from application to hire.
        Wow. I was told hopefully late feb or march for CAT. I'm just waiting....lol. my interview was like days after i passed the test

Comment

• KLJG
          KLJG commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe it will be fast for you. For me, the needs were different at the time, my institution was on a open vacancy, 1 by 1, type of thing. My group would get called 1 by 1 as vacancies opened. But now my institution just got more than 10 from 1 CTA class. The hiring needs were different when I applied compared to now, they were in need of a bigger group now.

Yup, all instutional needs are different, got my buddy on at my place and he starts CTA next month. I'e been their over 2 years now and I still love what I do and everyday something new goes on. Good luck to you both!

Comment

I applied once back in 2014 i think and passed everything but never was selected, I also only gave availability to one location. The more available you are the quicker you will be picked up if you are eligible.

Comment

• KLJG
            KLJG commented
            Editing a comment
            That's probably true. Maybe it took 11 months for me because I only chose 1 institution my self.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9514 users online. 390 members and 9124 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X