300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPATA Fitness Test?????

I'm currently in the academy at Owens in Toledo and I have to take the Opata Fitness Test next week. I'm really worried about passing the run because its on a small track that we have to go around 14 times and it seems like your always in a curve....Can anyone help me out???

1. Is it true if you fail twice.....too bad..see you for another seven months?
    2. Does Opata regulate where or what kind of surface you run on?
    3. Do you think OPATA would let us run on a treadmill for the 1.5 miles?

Not trying to be negative, I'm sure I'll pass. But its really hard to fathom that running in a circle 14 times can determine the rest of my life.

Thanks

Yes, If you fail then they will see you again in seven months. No they don't regulate the surface and they won't let you run it on a tredmill. Good luck
    If your not first, your last!!!

Comment

1. Fail twice and you're out a job/bunch of money, because you have to retake the academy.

2. The only regulation is in regards to time/length as far as I know. The rest is left to the academy. When I went to LCCCPTA they told us that they used to run outside, but they kept having people fail everytime they ran it on a windy/rainy day.

3. No they definately won't let you run it on a treadmill. I'm pretty sure if I'd ever asked our PT instructor to, he'd hit me with a stick...in the head...hard (like he always threatened).

Its not that bad, we had to run on a track that was 12 laps, so I feel your pain, or corners where inclined, like some sort of wierd nascar track. We had a kid with shinsplints so bad he could barely walk pass with a 11:30something. Be confident, eat a good dinner the night before, and run steady.

Comment

Originally posted by wpelish
        Bill Murray is a good guy.
        Uh, if you say so, he treated my class like he could give a ****. He never updated any of our paperwork (half the commissioned guys were never on his state list), crapped on us over nothing, and kinda came across like he had some kinda...problem. He did completely bitch out the one guy in our class who failed the PT, which was more funny than anything.

Originally posted by wpelish
        You will be fine and see if you can beat my time 11:19 and I did that in Feb at Terra
        9:48, last August in the humidity, on an indoor track, I was 3rd in my class, one guy almost broke 9:00, no chance anyone was catching him.

As he said, you'll be fine.

Comment

I'm not turning 35, I've got a birthday candle that says 29, because thats as high as I'm going. I might have 45 or 55 29th birthdays, but darn it...thats as far as I'm going.

And yea 11:19 is real good for someone in the 35 range. Better than a good portion of my class. I just like causing trouble is all.

Comment

Dont be talking bad about bill. He recently was very sick, and i heard he wont be doing/over looking over the academies anymore, (i am currently in a central ohio OPOTA Academy)
            sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
            Rocky Balboa
            Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

we have three different people in out academy that can run it in the 8:50's-9:10'
              s
              sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
              Rocky Balboa
              Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

I had bad experiences with him, he spent several weeks on vacation and seemed very uninterested in putting much time in with us outside of what may affect his job. If he's sick I hope he gets better, but it doesn't change the fact that I didn't have good experiences with him.

LawEnforcer72- Have alot of prior military in your class? Those guys always kills me when doing PT run tests for departments. I guess running 12miles with a pack on will do that for you.

Comment

but the fact is the osp instructor there is a ********. and should probably have the pole removed from his ***....just one persons thought:-)
                  " The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few"

Comment

Pipes

YOUR MY BOY BLUE..............

The academy at Owens has definately left me questioning my motives for this career. Maybe also a combination of the current job market of northwest Ohio. I was fortunate enough to have my course covered by the armed forces, but to spend your own money and seven months of bull crap. Just for the possibility of a 10 dollar an hour job, wasn't what I had in mind. If I had it to do over again I would have used my benifits for a worth while degree from a four year university and applied for federal jobs that actually pay and are not run by Toledo's (who do I know) system

Comment

and yes...I do realize I spelled OPATA wrong

OPOTA.................sorry

Comment

No they arent military, just like me a bunch of football players, but i was a lineman, they were running backs lol.
                        sigpic

Rocky Balboa
                        Rocky IV (1985)

Comment

good looking out, I took customs and border protections test at the cobo center in detroit 2 months ago and scored a 92.5...hopeing to here something back soon

Comment

WARD DID YOU PASs?
                            DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

They don't get much better than Bill Murray!! He covers a lot of territory and oversees more academies than you can imagine. He does not have time to hand-hold students. That's what Commanders do best....
                              I MAY NOT ALWAYS PLAY FAIR, BUT I DON'T ALWAYS LOSE EITHER......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6027 users online. 301 members and 5726 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X