300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus Police Applicants (2017)

Just wanted to start a new thread for 2017, keep in mind CPD applications open up July 1, 2017. Good luck to everyone on their future endeavors!

Dont miss out on the information sessions, civil service practice test sessions, physical fitness sessions, and CPD Expo!

I recently submitted my 'Job Interest Card' and I have a few questions for anybody who might know:

If the application period opens in July, when will we likely do the initial test?

How long has the process been lasting for applicants from application to academy? (Assuming you score in the top band)

Comment

Originally posted by Jwebb514 View Post
      I recently submitted my 'Job Interest Card' and I have a few questions for anybody who might know:

If the application period opens in July, when will we likely do the initial test?

How long has the process been lasting for applicants from application to academy? (Assuming you score in the top band)
      Well depending where you band determines how fast you get processed and get all required information submitted to them. I just completed oral boards last week and I applied july 2016. I scored in the 90 band but never got processed in time for the June academy. So, any where from 11 months to 17 months to be processed. They're processing 80 banders right now as well to fill the class.

Comment

• Jwebb514
        Jwebb514 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info. How soon after you applied did you do the initial written/fitness test?

I believe it was sometime in august, then the next month it was the pt exam. It's all scattered a month a part due to so many applicants. But, that was also this past process so this time around it can be different. Keep your email up to date and make sure to check it everyday so you don't accidentally miss anything. If you have any other questions refer to the website because a majority of the info is on there or any specifics call the recruiters, their number is also on the website.

Comment

Did anyone take this past test for 2018 June and December academies?

Comment

Yeah I just took the COPE and written test. Do you think the next academy class for Columbus isn't going to be until June 2018? That is a long wait to find out if you got accepted or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Styllin View Post
            Yeah I just took the COPE and written test. Do you think the next academy class for Columbus isn't going to be until June 2018? That is a long wait to find out if you got accepted or not.
            I am in last years process and I can tell you that it's a looooong journey. If you just tested, you will be looking at next Junes academy or next December.

Comment

Originally posted by Styllin View Post
              Like Steve said, I was in the last process man applied July 2016, made 90 band, just missed June academy, got passed oral boards I was hoping for this December but I didn't get appointed and I was in the process for a year. I was encouraged to reapply so that's what I am doing. Like Steve said man it's a very long process but worth the time and June comes quick, patience is key. Just stay positive and motivated man it will go by faster than you think.

Comment

Does anyone know when they will announce the results of the exam?

Comment

• BWash87
                  BWash87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I took phases 1 through 3 on August 17th of this year. I received my results on Friday the 13th. So, they’re going out now.

October 11, it appears they're grading the writing portion now according to governmentjobs.com.

Comment

Results are up, no cope scores though as of yet, probably looking at October for those but everything else is posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post
                    Results are up, no cope scores though as of yet, probably looking at October for those but everything else is posted.
                    Where is it posted?

Edit: Nevermind, found it.
                    Last edited by Columbus; 10-05-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Passed written and muliple choice. Waiting on COPE now.
                      If by chance I get to Backgroumd on the PHQ how far do I need to go back. I 34 and when I cant remember all the jobs I worked way back when and dates off hand. Wouldnt want to get DQ for failure to disclose.

Comment

Originally posted by ERICJ1007 View Post
                        Passed written and muliple choice. Waiting on COPE now.
                        If by chance I get to Backgroumd on the PHQ how far do I need to go back. I 34 and when I cant remember all the jobs I worked way back when and dates off hand. Wouldnt want to get DQ for failure to disclose.
                        As far as you can, I'm 31 and I went way back. That will be explained later after passing the pt exam. Back ground is tough and I mean that in terms of gathering all the information. As far as dates go, they want specifics but if say do the best that you can but if you have questions like that bud you can always contact back ground and ask or call recruitment. Back ground would be your best bet though. Good luck.

Comment

CSC sites shows I have a appointment on 11/10/17. I am assuming I passed the first 3 phases. Would like to have known my COPE score

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6336 users online. 284 members and 6052 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X