300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking General Info on Columbus PD

I couldn't find a recent thread on this so I thought I would start one.

Can anyone provide some general info on working for Columbus PD? For instance - retirement, morale, benefits, length of time on patrol before promoting/moving to special assignment, etc?

Retirement is police and fire at like 12.5% of your pay , 25 years and 52 years old. Benefits are top notch, 100% paid tuition after a year , amazing insurance for low cost , lots of special duty for $$$. You won't see day shift for like 13 or 14 years I believe, swat 25 years , ntac 20 some, k9 20, motorcycle maybe 25, detectives 15 years I think depending. Basically you're on patrol for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by teufelhunden88 View Post
      Retirement is police and fire at like 12.5% of your pay , 25 years and 52 years old. Benefits are top notch, 100% paid tuition after a year , amazing insurance for low cost , lots of special duty for $$$. You won't see day shift for like 13 or 14 years I believe, swat 25 years , ntac 20 some, k9 20, motorcycle maybe 25, detectives 15 years I think depending. Basically you're on patrol for a while.
      Lots of great information in your post, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Although I did not make it through their entire process , I can tell you its a great agency. Everyone I met along the way was top notch, very informative and helpful. As with any agency its difficult to get in, well worth it though.

Comment

Wow 25 years to get on swat!?!?

Comment

As of right now it's easily a 23 year to get job. It's all seniority based to get jobs so the fun cool ones take awhile. You'll push a cruiser for 10 years minimum unless you get promoted.

Comment

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but you retire after at 12.5% of your base pay? That seems really low right? I thought most police departments (that I'm familiar with) retired you at like 50 to 60% of your pay?

Comment

No I ment you contribute 12.5 % of your pay into your retirement fund.

Comment

DaytonPD will let you be on swat after 1 year! K9 5 years, homicide detective 2 years if your good enough. Very young department with lots of opportunities.....jus sayin

Comment

Lol ohbuck! Thanks tel for the ensight brother! I'll be happy to be in a cruiser for a while, hopefully I make through the rest of the process and get this December class so I can be a part of it all! I hear nothing but the best about cpd and how they're fas a whole.

Comment

I'll take making 83k a year, amazing benefits, 50$ an hour on special and dayton pd can have their swat after a year and 60k top out lol

Comment

Truth.....

Comment

Lol!......

Comment

As of right now it's easily a 23 year to get job. It's all seniority based to get jobs so the fun cool ones take awhile. You'll push a cruiser for 10 years minimum unless you get promoted.
                            What's the timeline look like for promoting up to supervisor and through the supervisor ranks?

Comment

You can test for SGT at 3 years

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8984 users online. 396 members and 8588 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X