300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSHP polygraph

I was wanting to apply for the OSHP but i was nervous about the polygraph test. I know they will ask about drug use but on their website all it says for possible disqualifesrs would be recent drug use. My question is what do they consider recent? I have smoked weed less than 15 times and meth less than 10 times when I was 17. (I know it was a stupid) but now I am 21 and haven't done anything since. Will I be automatically disqualified?

Originally posted by tacoma12 View Post
    I was wanting to apply for the OSHP but i was nervous about the polygraph test. I know they will ask about drug use but on their website all it says for possible disqualifesrs would be recent drug use. My question is what do they consider recent? I have smoked weed less than 15 times and meth less than 10 times when I was 17. (I know it was a stupid) but now I am 21 and haven't done anything since. Will I be automatically disqualified?
    Many law enforcement agencies require at LEAST 5 years since last hard drug use (meth) before even applying.The marijuana will not be nearly as big of an issue for you as the meth will. It can't hurt to apply, but you might want to contact recruitment and talk to them about that before putting time and energy into something that may very likely disqualify you from the start. Your prior meth use will likely put you behind a great deal of candidates applying for the same position. Just my two cents, though.

Comment

It's hard to say buddy but I'd say you never know until you try and you must disclose it. No reason to be nervous when you disclose everything they ask because they will and your answers should be confident with no hesitation. My opinion you're 21 years old and honestly you still have a lot to learn yet, not saying you haven't learned your lesson but their is more that you can learn and we don't fully mature typically until the age of 25. Again, not saying you haven't grown and learned your lessons but some of say that and end up making the same ol' mistakes because we're young, stubborn and dumb lol. The amount of times you have done those drugs and it being only four years I can see them waiting on you to see how you grow as a young man. The weed isn't so much an issue it's the meth.. and from war I've seen for the past 3 years hard drugs like meth typically have a wait time of 5 years since last used. But the biggest thing you can do man is disclose everything you have done caught or not. It's about accountability, integrity, character and discipline.. can you confidently admit to your wrong doings, learn from them and show through action not just words that you can be of complete value to oshp, because that's what they want. Lastly, be honorable and stay out of trouble, your friends wanna go and drink then you don't so you don't end up making a mistake one night and keep yourself together, goto work on time, don't call off because you wanna go hang out with your buddy's.. if you want it, you will make the sacrifices needed to become an honorable trooper for OSHP and they will expect you to uphold their values every day and that goes for any department. I say give it a try but don't be upset if they tell you no.. and stay away from tattoos because they won't go for it nor visible scars. Good luck bud.
      Last edited by Adam2015; 04-01-2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU'16 View Post

Many law enforcement agencies require at LEAST 5 years since last hard drug use (meth) before even applying.The marijuana will not be nearly as big of an issue for you as the meth will. It can't hurt to apply, but you might want to contact recruitment and talk to them about that before putting time and energy into something that may very likely disqualify you from the start. Your prior meth use will likely put you behind a great deal of candidates applying for the same position. Just my two cents, though.
        What he said ^^

Comment

Meth? Seriously?...OSHP will drop you Disclose that. I'll be honest with you, very few agencies will take you seriously. Your chances are very slim at this point in your life. I'd wait until at least thirty. Even then I wouldn't want a meth user handling a gun next to me. Sorry man but TEN times?????????????

Comment

Originally posted by OHbuck15 View Post
            Meth? Seriously?...OSHP will drop you Disclose that. I'll be honest with you, very few agencies will take you seriously. Your chances are very slim at this point in your life. I'd wait until at least thirty. Even then I wouldn't want a meth user handling a gun next to me. Sorry man but TEN times?????????????
            He has a point.. anything past ten times or even ten makes it appear as if you have a problem or potentially a problem. You may be fine now but what happens if you get to a point to where you want to start experimenting again, can you honestly tell yourself you would be good? And 30 isn't so bad a lot of people tend to have to wait that long just to correct the mistakes they have made to get them back on to a narrow path. I'm sure you're not a bad person but addiction is real and if you caught someone who has a large amount of meth from a bust are you gonna be strong enough to not sneak and take some of it? Or take some money from dealers you've busted that might have money on them that could be more than you could have imagined? That's why this stuff is important and is taken so seriously. But, you don't know if you don't try.

Comment

One other thing too is you will loose credibility in a court room if that is ever discovered. Defense will have a hay day especially in any cases involving narcotics.

Comment

Hey Tacoma12,

Possession of Meth in Ohio is considered a felony. Most if not all departments will automatically disqualify you for a felony offense. It really doesn't matter if you were caught or not you still were in possession of it which would be classified as a felony. You can always contact recruitment and ask their opinion in the matter that way you can get a straight forward answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post

It's hard to say buddy but I'd say you never know until you try and you must disclose it. No reason to be nervous when you disclose everything they ask because they will and your answers should be confident with no hesitation. My opinion you're 21 years old and honestly you still have a lot to learn yet, not saying you haven't learned your lesson but their is more that you can learn and we don't fully mature typically until the age of 25. Again, not saying you haven't grown and learned your lessons but some of say that and end up making the same ol' mistakes because we're young, stubborn and dumb lol. The amount of times you have done those drugs and it being only four years I can see them waiting on you to see how you grow as a young man. The weed isn't so much an issue it's the meth.. and from war I've seen for the past 3 years hard drugs like meth typically have a wait time of 5 years since last used. But the biggest thing you can do man is disclose everything you have done caught or not. It's about accountability, integrity, character and discipline.. can you confidently admit to your wrong doings, learn from them and show through action not just words that you can be of complete value to oshp, because that's what they want. Lastly, be honorable and stay out of trouble, your friends wanna go and drink then you don't so you don't end up making a mistake one night and keep yourself together, goto work on time, don't call off because you wanna go hang out with your buddy's.. if you want it, you will make the sacrifices needed to become an honorable trooper for OSHP and they will expect you to uphold their values every day and that goes for any department. I say give it a try but don't be upset if they tell you no.. and stay away from tattoos because they won't go for it nor visible scars. Good luck bud.
                  Im going to give it a try. I will probably wait another year to make it 5 years since I have done anything. I don't drink so I don't half to worry about getting in trouble there! I have a clean record never been pulled over and no accidents, good credit score , never been fired from a job. The only thing that is against me is the drug use when I was 17.

Comment

I emailed a recruiter and they said they can't tell me if it will disqualify me or not. That it is a case by case basis.
                    Would there be any more departments I should look in to?

Comment

Just gonna have to give it a whirl bud.. never know until you try..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 229 members and 5406 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X