300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salaries of city/SO vs highway patrol

Looking for information on the starting salaries of some of the local police departments and sheriffs offices around the state as opposed to the highway patrol. Highway Patrol provides a comprehensive 7 year breakdown on their website. Thanks in advance

It really depends on what "local" means to you. Ohio is a large state, so that could be Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland, Toledo, etc. in terms of local. Also, you can generally look on the website of each department and find what the salary is for each respective department. I hope that helps.

Something I have noticed, Columbus and its suburbs generally pay quite well. With that said, OSP did just receive a boost in salary that is quite comparable to those.

Comment

Thanks. I'm from the Cleveland area. I have noticed the Columbus suburbs do pay well

Comment

http://www.serb.state.oh.us/sections...bContracts.htm

The following link will show most of the Ohio Police Contracts where it will show a breakdown in salary.

I am actually from the Cleveland area and tested for most departments in that area before moving to the Columbus area. I did not have OPOTA and found without that and experience, no matter how high I tested, I was not a strong candidate. I have been a Police Officer in the Columbus area for 2 years and love it. If you are looking at testing down here, check out National Testing Network. A lot of departments use it and it is a great way to apply to multiple departments at one time.

Good Luck.

Comment

That is some great info. Thanks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9466 users online. 419 members and 9047 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X