Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when is pickaway county part of columbus lol it goes maybe into grove city. Columbus is 90% Franklin country and some delaware up north

Comment

Originally posted by teufelhunden88 View Post
      Since when is pickaway county part of columbus lol it goes maybe into grove city. Columbus is 90% Franklin country and some delaware up north
      Yeah thats why I said I thought. That's crazy then, someone should edit that out in wikipedia then because wiki says "Pickaway County is part of the Columbus, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area."

"According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the metropolitan area includes the counties of Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Morrow, Perry, Pickaway, and Union"

Wiki always has wrong info though, wouldn't surprise if that's wrong.

Columbusregion.com also lists Pickaway County as one if its counties.

http://columbusregion.com/About-the-...ay-County.aspx

But like I said i'm not from Ohio, you guys sound like you are so I will take your word for it. Thanks for clearing up the misinfo on the internet.
      Last edited by KLJG; 03-25-2017, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KLJG View Post

Yeah thats why I said I thought. That's crazy then, someone should edit that out in wikipedia then because wiki says "Pickaway County is part of the Columbus, OH Metropolitan Statistical Area."

"According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the metropolitan area includes the counties of Delaware, Fairfield, Franklin, Hocking, Licking, Madison, Morrow, Perry, Pickaway, and Union"

Wiki always has wrong info though, wouldn't surprise if that's wrong.

Columbusregion.com also lists Pickaway County as one if its counties.

http://columbusregion.com/About-the-...ay-County.aspx

But like I said i'm not from Ohio, you guys sound like you are so I will take your word for it. Thanks for clearing up the misinfo on the internet.
        I believe they're referencing "conjoining" counties lol, county's that touch the boarder line of Franklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post

I believe they're referencing "conjoining" counties lol, county's that touch the boarder line of Franklin.
          I had my interview, it went well, passed the first interview and then interviewed with the warden deputy in a second interview. The first interviewer, who was a captain, told me he likes me and thinks i'm fit for the job. I hope I get a call/email soon telling me i'm hired. Can't wait, still nervous though.

Lol I remembered this convo about Pickaway/Columbus and asked someone there who was being interviewed too and had worked there 10 years prior, while we were talking about pickaway, he said Pickaway County is in Columbus. He was born and raised in Columbus. So idk man, everything leads to Pickaway county being part of Columbus lol.

Comment

I had my interview, it went well, passed the first interview and then interviewed with the warden deputy in a second interview. The first interviewer, who was a captain, told me he likes me and thinks i'm fit for the job. I hope I get a call/email soon telling me i'm hired. Can't wait, still nervous though.

Lol I remembered this convo about Pickaway/Columbus and asked someone there who was being interviewed too and had worked there 10 years prior, while we were talking about pickaway, he said Pickaway County is in Columbus. He was born and raised in Columbus. So idk man, everything leads to Pickaway county being part of Columbus lol.
            That's awesome brother im glad it's working out for you and its not he probably meant near Columbus, Columbus is in Franklin county lol.. but pickaway is next to Franklin County, it's a conjoining county.

If you had an interview with the deputy warden and the captain likes you bud I'm gonna tell you that you got the job. They will get in contact with you within a month max to get you sent over for your drug screening. Once you do the drug test you will be committed to Pickaway and it will be your home institution. It's a fun job and always has you on your toes.. I'm probably going to transfer to CRC or PCI if I don't get accepted to Columbus police department.

Comment

That's awesome brother im glad it's working out for you and its not he probably meant near Columbus, Columbus is in Franklin county lol.. but pickaway is next to Franklin County, it's a conjoining county.

If you had an interview with the deputy warden and the captain likes you bud I'm gonna tell you that you got the job. They will get in contact with you within a month max to get you sent over for your drug screening. Once you do the drug test you will be committed to Pickaway and it will be your home institution. It's a fun job and always has you on your toes.. I'm probably going to transfer to CRC or PCI if I don't get accepted to Columbus police department.
              Thanks I hope you're right, i'm ready to take this job. The deputy warden said he can't make a choice until after all candidates are interviewed, but I did feel some comfort when in the first interview the captain said what he said.

Good luck with CPD.

Comment

Thanks I hope you're right, i'm ready to take this job. The deputy warden said he can't make a choice until after all candidates are interviewed, but I did feel some comfort when in the first interview the captain said what he said.

Good luck with CPD.
                Yeah, this is true they typically don't but if the captain wants you he's going to speak with that deputy warden. I wouldn't stress it bud, I would be absolutely surprised if you didn't.. but I know you did so I wouldn't even stress it. Let me know when you hear something.

Comment

Yeah, this is true they typically don't but if the captain wants you he's going to speak with that deputy warden. I wouldn't stress it bud, I would be absolutely surprised if you didn't.. but I know you did so I wouldn't even stress it. Let me know when you hear something.
                  On glassdoor I read a review of someone who also passed the first interview in January 2017 and got a second interview in March 2017 but then got an email 2 weeks later saying he wasn't chosen due to inexperience in the field. The person said he was "given the impression he got the job". That makes me really nervous because I also have zero experience in the field and I also do have some sort of impression that I will get the job, so I feel for him. The difference between his process and mine though was that his process took 10+ months, mine has taken 6 months and my group interviewed twice that day rather than 2 interviews months apart. I'm so nervous, it's in the back of mind at all times. I'm trying to figure out ways on how to dampen the blow from the possible "you weren't chosen email". I only chose PCI, so if it's not PCI, it's nothing else.

Comment

I'm very surprised that the process has been that long for you. When I interviewed several years ago they moved very quickly after the test was taken. I think I took the test, passed [found out that day] and was scheduled for an interview within 2 or 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by jfortman View Post
                      I'm very surprised that the process has been that long for you. When I interviewed several years ago they moved very quickly after the test was taken. I think I took the test, passed [found out that day] and was scheduled for an interview within 2 or 3 weeks.
                      I read from different people that was the process years ago.

This was the timeline:
                      September 2016 I took the test, passed it (also found out that day), got fingerprinted and passed the background, 2 weeks later I got an email with my first interview for Oct.
                      October 2016 was the month of my first interview, I wasn't ready, emailed them pleaded them if I can stay on the list as eligible for the next interview. They said yes. I stayed in contact with them, at least 3-4 times I emailed them because my friend who works there told me to.
                      March 2017 they emailed me for my first interview for the 27th. Passed the prelim interview, and got interviewed by the deputy warden.

It would've been a 6 months process anyway, because almost everyone who was there in my group was there for their second interview. Their first interview was on October, on the same date I skipped on, so that was my group from October anyway. There was even one guy there who told me his first interview was 1 year prior and he had given up on a 2nd interview. So basically this March would've been my second interview, but instead they let me interview both times on that day.

Comment

Do you think that this is something just for your specific location ? I'm still trying to get into the parole/probation field but am going ahead with the prison route in the meantime as it may be my only option. I have scheduled weddings im involved with until September and was nervous about my availability to have 3 specific dates off. Sounds like if this is the process I would be ok because nothing would be finalized till after that time.

I put my availability for allen county, but also would look at cinci now.

Comment

Do you think that this is something just for your specific location ? I'm still trying to get into the parole/probation field but am going ahead with the prison route in the meantime as it may be my only option. I have scheduled weddings im involved with until September and was nervous about my availability to have 3 specific dates off. Sounds like if this is the process I would be ok because nothing would be finalized till after that time.

What I think is that all hiring is based on the prison's needs. My friend was hired in 2014, his process was 4 months from start to date of hire.

The guy I read who's process was 10+ months was another ODRC prison. I think it all comes down to their hiring needs. If you apply during a time where they need to hire more, than the process will be quick.

Comment

In regards to adding another prison availability , do you just let them know if you get called for an interview ? I believe I read that on the initial application on how to go about adding locations but can't seem to find anything on it now.

Comment

Bud, they hire internally 99% of the time for APA. Just do like I've mentioned and you will be fine. Your weddings should be cool but if I was you as soon as you start work over time as much as you can and put it into comp time and schedule those days off using comp time so you can get them off. Like asap! You can use comp while on probabtion so you will get old man.

Comment

In regards to adding another prison availability , do you just let them know if you get called for an interview ? I believe I read that on the initial application on how to go about adding locations but can't seem to find anything on it now.
                                Just reapply but add the other departments or call the Hr guy at central office and have him add he desired departments and he or she will.. 99% of the time they already know people are applying to multiple locations. Don't sweat it man you will be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6543 users online. 268 members and 6275 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X