300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KLJG View Post

If all goes well with the interview in a few days, I will be working in Columbus. PCI.

Fingers crossed.
    Yeah if cpd doesn't work out ill be considering a lateral transfer to CRC which is right next door to PCI so maybe we will run into each other at times in the near future!

Comment

My friend works as a CO, I will be working in the same institution as him. He's told me a lot about it, basically convinced me to go for it. Good to hear that you love your job, that sounds encouraging.

I have never taken the CPD exam, this July 2017 will be my first time. Last year when I learned about it I had just missed the deadline so I couldn't take it.

Good luck on your CPD process man I hope you get it, you seem like a helpful person, you'd be a good cop i'm sure.
      Thanks brother I appreciate that! Making mistakes only made me wiser and smarter, I like to think lol. I'm always willing to help people, it's great to see people happy and succeeding in their life goals.

Comment

Originally posted by jfortman View Post
        awesome, hope it goes well. Ive interviewed in Cbus and must say that Is one of my top choices for areas. Plus all the people that I met through the agency seemed really on top of things. Good luck man.
        Just remember bud like I said, it's going to be rediculously hard to get on spa right off the street. You're already where they would want you to be, now just get the co experience and your golden bud.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post

Yeah if cpd doesn't work out ill be considering a lateral transfer to CRC which is right next door to PCI so maybe we will run into each other at times in the near future!
          You're right, it really is right next door, just 2 minutes away. 11 minutes by foot. So we will be neighbors. Why did you choose to go with CRC over PCI?

I chose PCI because a friend already works there.

Comment

I keep holding back because new postings that I'm really interested keep coming up. Cinci area just reposted and I did very well in that interview, gonna need to pull the trigger here soon though if I'm not offered.

Comment

You're right, it really is right next door, just 2 minutes away. 11 minutes by foot. So we will be neighbors. Why did you choose to go with CRC over PCI?

I chose PCI because a friend already works there.
              I have a buddy trying to go there with his friend and it's a reception center so they go there before they're transferred to any where in the state. I know the reception portion very well already too dealing with level 1-5 security inmates as well as death row.

Comment

Originally posted by jfortman View Post
                I keep holding back because new postings that I'm really interested keep coming up. Cinci area just reposted and I did very well in that interview, gonna need to pull the trigger here soon though if I'm not offered.
                Yeah but it's nice to have options.. just bare in mind that once you have taken the drug test you have committed to that institution and it will be your home institution for the rest of your career. Meaning, if you chose CRC for example but later through the years you goto various institutions for various opportunities and something happens and that institution doesn't want you any more they will then kick you back to your home institution where you started. Your home institution will then decide whether to fire you, place you on administrative leave with or without pay, or nothing at all and just place you back as a grey shirt. So just keep that in mind.

Comment

I interviewed with Lima few years ago, and last year interviewed with state parole in cinci. Along with Columbus I really liked the people that were involved in the process in cinci. That is good to know about the home institution, never knew that.

Any feedback on what CRC is like in Cinci?
                  Last edited by jfortman; 03-22-2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

CRC is here in London, near Columbus.. you must be referring to some place else. CRC and PCI are like right next door to each other. CRC is the reception ornintake of men and juveniles for the state of Ohio and is where their security level is determined pending their crime committed.

Comment

CRC is here in London, near Columbus.. you must be referring to some place else. CRC and PCI are like right next door to each other. CRC is the reception ornintake of men and juveniles for the state of Ohio and is where their security level is determined pending their crime committed.
                      I thought CRC was in Orient.

Comment

I thought CRC was in Orient.
                        It is lol.. I had London on my brain because my buddy was talking to me at the same time about maybe going there.. my bad yes orient**

Comment

Same place where he academy is! Haha..

Comment

It is lol.. I had London on my brain because my buddy was talking to me at the same time about maybe going there.. my bad yes orient**
                            Lol okay, i'm not from Ohio, so that threw me off a bit. Always saw the place is located in Orient, and then there happens to be a city named London in Ohio so it confused me.

Comment

Lol okay, i'm not from Ohio, so that threw me off a bit. Always saw the place is located in Orient, and then there happens to be a city named London in Ohio so it confused me.
                              Well London is the city orient is the county

Comment

Well London is the city orient is the county
                                Oh I didn't know Orient was a county itself, I thought it was in pickaway county and pickaway county is part of Columbus. Lol it's all really confusing, i'm going to stop trying to understand this now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6001 users online. 270 members and 5731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X