Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have to say no bud because you already meet what is required of someone. Me personally I'd hire in as an officer becaue then you learn a whole variety of things as a co rather than a case manager as well as getting to know each inmate and knowing how they behave while incarcerated. Lastly, if you get on the state as a co it will be 100times easier for you to apply and transition over to parole and probation, but I'll ask around and see what I can find out.

Comment

Thanks , I've gotten the notification to pick testing date but also applied to those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by jfortman View Post
        Thanks , I've gotten the notification to pick testing date but also applied to those positions.
        Awesome bud I hope it works out for you, as far as the process goes it's fairly quick usually two months worth but the academy has been extended, its a fun time. Just remember as custody officers or co's you gotta complete that one year probation but you should still even on probation beable to apply given your credentials with college. Keep updated bud and good luck!

Comment

Thanks, I've got a very busy next two months , so I'm holding off a bit to pick a testing date. I have up to 6, but I don't want to wait that long. I have a pre scheduled vacation and a few other dates that I think are just going to be difficult to try to have them work with. Last time I tested, within a month the backgrounds were being completed.

In regards to applying, even if I get into a co position I will still apply for external positions, and keep shooting for internal things. Even with a close family member in parole, its still dang near impossible to get in. Just gotta keep pushing.

Have they changed the testing much ? Last time it was a bit of everything including real life situations , now it just states match English stuff.

Comment

Thanks, I've got a very busy next two months , so I'm holding off a bit to pick a testing date. I have up to 6, but I don't want to wait that long. I have a pre scheduled vacation and a few other dates that I think are just going to be difficult to try to have them work with. Last time I tested, within a month the backgrounds were being completed.

In regards to applying, even if I get into a co position I will still apply for external positions, and keep shooting for internal things. Even with a close family member in parole, its still dang near impossible to get in. Just gotta keep pushing.

Have they changed the testing much ? Last time it was a bit of everything including real life situations , now it just states match English stuff.
            Well it is very competitive bud like believe me when I say that but if you work as a co right off the rip of things man and create a good resume for yourself within that one year mark man you will be good to go, I promise you that. Perfect your interpersonal communications skills, be respectful, polite, sympathy, and carry yourself with the highest of integrity and character and I assure that you will make it. A lot of people tend to forget that they themselves are a human being and don't check themselves or hold them selves accountable. Just be sure you approach things level headed and be open minded. Patience is key to victory.

Comment

Ive worked in mental health for 4 years and dealt with a lot of previous offenders already, this will be a new experience obviously especially based within prison. Thanks again for your help. When I get closer to testing ect. I may hit you up.

Comment

Ive worked in mental health for 4 years and dealt with a lot of previous offenders already, this will be a new experience obviously especially based within prison. Thanks again for your help. When I get closer to testing ect. I may hit you up.
                That's good! Mental Health experience is a super plus I think you will be good to go. Yes, by all means man send me a message if you need anything else, best of luck.

Comment

I'm about to have an interview later this month for a State of Ohio corrections officer position. At the end of the personal history statement package I have to fill out, there's something I have to sign that I acknowledge that my employment is contingent on satisfactory results of drug test and clear background check. Now I have no worries of the drug test since I have never smoked weed in my entire life, let alone any drug beyond that, and I have no worries of any criminal background since i've never done anything wrong in my life, or gotten any tickets for anything. But what worries me is my credit, it's not stellar by any means. I thought a background check was already done on me when they fingerprinted me and sent me an interview appointment a week later. In the orientation they said if anything comes up, it takes about 6 weeks, but if you're entirely clean it takes like a week or 2. My background check took a week so I assumed I passed my background check. But now that acknowledgement letter kinda has me nervous, like there's going to be another background check on me.

Comment

Originally posted by KLJG View Post
                    I'm about to have an interview later this month for a State of Ohio corrections officer position. At the end of the personal history statement package I have to fill out, there's something I have to sign that I acknowledge that my employment is contingent on satisfactory results of drug test and clear background check. Now I have no worries of the drug test since I have never smoked weed in my entire life, let alone any drug beyond that, and I have no worries of any criminal background since i've never done anything wrong in my life, or gotten any tickets for anything. But what worries me is my credit, it's not stellar by any means. I thought a background check was already done on me when they fingerprinted me and sent me an interview appointment a week later. In the orientation they said if anything comes up, it takes about 6 weeks, but if you're entirely clean it takes like a week or 2. My background check took a week so I assumed I passed my background check. But now that acknowledgement letter kinda has me nervous, like there's going to be another background check on me.
                    You're good brother don't sweat it, and im 100% sure you will make so once you do congratulations and welcome to DRC. They have a pretty in depth background similar to osp aside from poly and bi's that interview you. You will make don't worry about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post

You're good brother don't sweat it, and im 100% sure you will make so once you do congratulations and welcome to DRC. They have a pretty in depth background similar to osp aside from poly and bi's that interview you. You will make don't worry about it.
                      Thanks for encouragement. I hope I get it, been looking forward to get my foot in the door. I really want the CPD job though, but don't mind working as a State CO first.

Comment

Yeah man that's where I was, I figured maybe getting my foot in the door as a co and making probation after one year will show my dedication rather ham just talk about it. Not to mention getting familiar with how a lot of these people talk, their movements, learn their ways of communication other than talking so when I do get the opportunity to get on cpd or any LE job I'll be able to recognize it on the streets, not recognize it but also know how to properly communicate with these people. You will learn a ton of stuff in corrections man, I love my job but I want to be an LE really bad especially with Columbus and I figured this would add more tools to my tool bag. Have you applied to cpd as well? If so where are you the process?

Comment

My friend works as a CO, I will be working in the same institution as him. He's told me a lot about it, basically convinced me to go for it. Good to hear that you love your job, that sounds encouraging.

I have never taken the CPD exam, this July 2017 will be my first time. Last year when I learned about it I had just missed the deadline so I couldn't take it.

Good luck on your CPD process man I hope you get it, you seem like a helpful person, you'd be a good cop i'm sure.

Comment

kljg, what area are you looking at ? Kinda in the same boat as you guys, as I have talked with adam, I am shooting for state parole because of my degree. But from the outside its been difficult, I think I'm up to about 45 apps through the state now. CO may be my only route. I have heard mostly good from those that actually work in the position.

Comment

kljg, what area are you looking at ? Kinda in the same boat as you guys, as I have talked with adam, I am shooting for state parole because of my degree. But from the outside its been difficult, I think I'm up to about 45 apps through the state now. CO may be my only route. I have heard mostly good from those that actually work in the position.
                              If all goes well with the interview in a few days, I will be working in Columbus. PCI.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

awesome, hope it goes well. Ive interviewed in Cbus and must say that Is one of my top choices for areas. Plus all the people that I met through the agency seemed really on top of things. Good luck man.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11962 users online. 447 members and 11515 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X