Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring: Dayton Police

http://joindaytonpd.com/

currently accepting applications. Younger department with good opportunity for specialized units only after 2-3 years. New class is scheduled to start with over 30 in February and will mostly likely have a second class in fall of 2017. Good benefits including city issued duty and back up firearms. Only HS diploma required but financial incentives for degrees. I can answer questions if needed.

Excellent!, thank you for letting us know! Does Dayton PD use National Testing Network or does the city's civil service department provide their own test?

Comment

Disregard my question.

Comment

Nope just there own test. There used to be a DOJ mandated test but they now do their own. That was about 5-6 years ago.

One plus about this dept is that there is only seniority requirments for shift bidding which happens once a year. Outside of that if you qualify for a specialized position they will consider you. You can have two years on and be on the SWAT team or possibly a detective position. Lots of opportunities....

Comment

Hey, OHbuck15 sent a PM your way.

Comment

That's awesome but I see even with a first degree misdemeanor it's an automatic dq.. what is a first degree misdemeanor exactly? Like any m1 charge that's rules as an m1 offense regardless if its traffic or criminal? I'm a bit confused..

Comment

If I understood it correctly too they get paid weekly?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post
                That's awesome but I see even with a first degree misdemeanor it's an automatic dq.. what is a first degree misdemeanor exactly? Like any m1 charge that's rules as an m1 offense regardless if its traffic or criminal? I'm a bit confused..
                It will probably depend on the type of M1 conviction. Domestic violence is an M1 but it can be enhanced to a felony. It can also be for an OVI. There are many types of M1 crimes. DPD Wants the best they can get. Some smaller departments are less restrictive than this. I can tell you that it never hurts to call recruitment to get a better answer as I am not directly involved in the actual hiring process.

Comment

You get paid bi-weekly. Typically twice a month sometimes three times. Uniform allowance once a year at about $1200.
                  Last edited by OHbuck15; 12-03-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Oh ok well I'll call them Monday if I get the chance, not off work until 2:30 so not even sure they will still be open.. but thanks man for the heads up I really appreciate it.

Comment

Does Dayton PD offer a study guide for their test do you know? Wish I New about their expo I would have went to it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure there is a study guide. There was when I did it 5 years ago. We will have more expos so don't worry if you missed it. Just keep an eye on the cities facebook page.

Im an FTO/PTO so I can assist with a lot of questions.

Comment

Originally posted by OHbuck15 View Post
                          I'm pretty sure there is a study guide. There was when I did it 5 years ago. We will have more expos so don't worry if you missed it. Just keep an eye on the cities facebook page.

Im an FTO/PTO so I can assist with a lot of questions.
                          Thanks bud I appreciate it, I'll definitely keep my eyes open. I'm just worried about when they do the first pt exam in march, the initial run part anyway because I have training I have to do in march with the state and its two weeks long.. so I'm unsure if I'll be able to chedule it around that or not.

Comment

Submitted my application yesterday. Does anyone know when they will start physicals?

Comment

Probably in the spring time. When is the civil test?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6679 users online. 322 members and 6357 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X