300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cincinnati PD Test?

Does anyone have any information about the next Cincinnnati Police Civil Service test?

I've checked their website and haven't found anything.

I've also talked to a few friends who are officers and I've gotten 4 different answers.... March '07, June-July '07, August-Sept '07, and March '08.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

i took their test last year, and if i remember right, it was around feb of 06. i'm sure they will put it up on their site when they decide they are going to have another.

Comment

I just checked CPD's website and found the following:

The next civil service Cincinnati Police Recruit tests are now scheduled for Saturday, April 14, 2007, and Saturday, April 28, 2007, at the Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati with the application period beginning on February 26, 2007, and ending on April 20, 2007.

Other useful information is on there as well. Here's the link Cincinnati Police

Comment

thanks runner for that, i think i will take it again, now that i'm actually old enough for it to matter

Comment

I wish you all well regarding the upcoming test.

CincyCop
          "Let's Roll" - T. Beamer

Comment

Ditto....

I need some people behind me in seniority. Late Power sucks!
            Why didn't someone tell me the Taser felt like that...

Comment

Originally posted by Morning_Runner
              I just checked CPD's website and found the following:

The next civil service Cincinnati Police Recruit tests are now scheduled for Saturday, April 14, 2007, and Saturday, April 28, 2007, at the Duke Energy Center in downtown Cincinnati with the application period beginning on February 26, 2007, and ending on April 20, 2007.

Other useful information is on there as well. Here's the link Cincinnati Police
              Yup....found it myself this morning.

Thanks!

Comment

CincyCop and Jumper, if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been with CPD? In your opinion, are they a good department to work for?

I just did a ride along a week ago down in OTR and had a great time (my first one)! It was a little slow, but the cold weather probably had something to do with that and the fact that operation Vortex has really cleaned things up down there from what I hear. The officer I rode with suggested I try district 3 or 4 as he said they tend to be a little busier and I will probably see more.

Comment

anyone on here take the test last year, just curious to see the progress from that one

Comment

Originally posted by Morning_Runner
                    CincyCop and Jumper, if you don't mind me asking, how long have you been with CPD? In your opinion, are they a good department to work for?
                    Morning_Runner, I was with CPD for only two years, 2004-2006 on patrol in District 2. I enjoyed working for the department and had to make a tough decision when my previous employer (prior to CPD) came knocking. Cincinnati Police is a great place to work. The comradery with fellow Officers is outstanding. Because CPD is a large department there are many opportunities within the organization. I wish you well with the testing/application process.

Addition: I forgot to mention that there will be many Officers retiring in the next few years so there will be more supervisory positions available.
                    Last edited by CincyCop; 02-05-2007, 11:45 AM. Reason: Addition of text.
                    "Let's Roll" - T. Beamer

Comment

I just came out of the last class. I really enjoy it and the people I work with are very good. Like CincyCop says, there are many opportunities with CPD. As with every job, however, it is what you make of it. While one may absolutely love it, another may wish they had chosen another career.

Be advised, that the process is long. The academy is pretty tough, and it seems like it will take forever to get through it all. But if you're dedicated, have patience, and do not have possess any of the following traits: big head, bad attitude, know everything, loner, you will be fine.

Best of luck. CPD is an excellent place to work.
                      Why didn't someone tell me the Taser felt like that...

Comment

Originally posted by CincyCop
                        I wish you all well regarding the upcoming test.

CincyCop

x3.

I need some FTO pay here kids!!!!!! Just kidding - I would do it for no extra money - it is the most rewarding thing I have done on this department so far!
                        Anyway, Blackhole ... aka, Nick Carter, should do very well and is the person I would want as a recruit out of the academy!!!!

CincyCop - how is business so far? You aren't going to take a hit w/ the looming labor issues are ya?
                        "Any comments from the above user reflect only the opinions of him, and not that of any police department....namely mine!!!!"

Blaming guns for violence is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat

Comment

My friend took the written test in April 2006 and the physical agility in July 2006. He was wondering when he might expect a response from them? Any ideas?

Comment

Hey guys,

I talked to a CPD recruiter a few days ago and was told that if you take the upcoming written test in April, don't expect to even start the academy until December of 2008!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by wdr2
                              Hey guys,

I talked to a CPD recruiter a few days ago and was told that if you take the upcoming written test in April, don't expect to even start the academy until December of 2008!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up.
                              Hmmmm.... It says December 07 on the website.

I took a tour of the academy with the Associate Commander just two weeks ago.....he didn't mention a 20 month wait between testing and the beginning of the academy either, and I DID ask him about that.

Nick Carter???? He's a lil young guy......besides, I left that life when I got hitched. (I got memories though!!! )
                              Last edited by Black Hole; 02-23-2007, 12:55 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6611 users online. 347 members and 6264 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X