300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPD Process

Has anyone heard or knows when we will hear about the results of the recent civil service test for CPD?

Originally posted by DreaminLE
    Has anyone heard or knows when we will hear about the results of the recent civil service test for CPD?
    I spoke with the Civil Service Commisision and there is still another test given in the month of January. The results won't be out until after that round of testing is complete. We should know in February if we continue on in the hiring process.

Comment

I knew there was another round of testing late January/early February but I didn't think we had to wait for that round of testing so that we could get our results back. Interesting... well, thanks for the info.

Comment

i just got my resluts back today from a november test. What is the band scoring. I have never taken a test that scores like this. I'm guessing i didnt do to good since im in band 70. Any guess to how many people would be in front of me. I'm about a 3 hour drive from columbus and ill pass on the agility and re-apply in a year or so if im that low. Anybody out there have any knowledge of their hiring process. Thanks

Comment

Well, there is no easy way to say this, so I will just come out with it. You are in the lowest of the passing bands. It goes 70s, 80s, and 90s. I wouldn't skip the agility test if I were you. Just because someone placed in the 90 band doesn't mean that they are automatically hired. They could get DQ'd in the polygraph portion. Goes as far as you can ( hopefully to an offer of employment ) and learn from the experience.
          Last edited by adams2311; 12-05-2006, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UFD537
            i just got my resluts back today from a november test. What is the band scoring. I have never taken a test that scores like this. I'm guessing i didnt do to good since im in band 70. Any guess to how many people would be in front of me. I'm about a 3 hour drive from columbus and ill pass on the agility and re-apply in a year or so if im that low. Anybody out there have any knowledge of their hiring process. Thanks

Band scoring is a fancy way of saying you are ranked in ____ percentile. The B-PAD (+ Veterans Preferance points if applicable) is 100% of your score. Phase I, II, III are pass/fail. So your B-PAD score determines what percentile you are ranked in. I wouldn't be too hard on yourself. The B-PAD is certianly a unique experince and a little nerve racking for some. A low B-PAD score does not mean you are unintelligent.

I wouldn't skip the agility test. If you skip your chances of being hired will go from the 70 percentile to ZERO. I also live three hours away and yes it is a pain in the rear to have to drive up for what ammounts to 30 minutes of physical fittness testing. I also have finals that week but I will drive up none the less.

Remember this part from the selection process memo:

"Since the selection process is competitive, with a limited number of individuals that will be sucessfyl, those numbers can be overwhelming. However, the number of individuals who are truly committed to becoming a police office drops dramatically."

Are you truly committed?

Comment

Originally posted by DreaminLE
              I tested Nov 2nd and recieved my scores via mail on Dec 3. I am happy with my score but unhappy that I recieved 11 days notice for my Physical fitness test date. Ahh the joys of bureaucracy!

Comment

tgmoore,
                Get used to not hearing anything for a long time and then being notified to be somewhere in a very short amount of time.
                When I came on CPD 17 years ago I was notified on Thursday to report to the academy the following Monday, I had 1 1/2 days (not including the weekend) to quit my job with another department (luckily they knew I was in the process and were pretty cool about it) and get everything in order to start.
                Some guys in my class were in the same boat, but had to move from out of town.
                Welcome to the CPD way!

Comment

CPD....work the hardest and get paid the least in NE Ohio....what a deal!
                  Trooperden, akman75, & azmichelle ignored

Comment

Originally posted by 6233108
                    CPD....work the hardest and get paid the least in NE Ohio....what a deal!
                    We are discussing Columbus Police not Cleveland.

Comment

Did everyone pass thier physical test? One guy in my group couldn't do the 27 required sit ups. Just amazing. Well on to the background package. Polygraphs are suppose to start in early Jan.

Comment

Have fun with the Poly! I've got my VO2 retake on the 8th, so I'm hoping that I can celebrate twice that day....once when I PASS my Stress test, and once again when OSU wins the National Championship.

On the Poly, just be honest, brutally so, and you should be good.

Good Luck,

Drewsy

Comment

Congratulations to all of you who passed the test. I wasn't so lucky. Failed the B-Pad, I guess my joke I threw out in my last scene didn't go to well. I'm really bummed now that I know Poly's are starting in Jan. Does anyone know if I can retake the B-Pad with the second testing group? I've tried calling civil service but can't get anyone on the phone. I guess a degree from Ohio State and 6 years in the military isn't good enough for CPD. I'd appreciate the input, again congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by jhempfield
                            Congratulations to all of you who passed the test. I wasn't so lucky. Failed the B-Pad, I guess my joke I threw out in my last scene didn't go to well. I'm really bummed now that I know Poly's are starting in Jan. Does anyone know if I can retake the B-Pad with the second testing group? I've tried calling civil service but can't get anyone on the phone. I guess a degree from Ohio State and 6 years in the military isn't good enough for CPD. I'd appreciate the input, again congrats!
                            CPD has a different hiring process for comedians. My understanding is that the B-Pad was partly designed to help gauge a candidate’s ability to use common sense, i.e., having the ability to know when to take a situation seriously. Having taken the B-PAD, I can sympathize on how cheesy and awkward of a test it is, however, becoming a police officer is very competitive and there is no room for mistakes. The process has to be taken seriously, and if you’re not willing to do so, there are plenty of others who will. My advice is to learn from your mistake and be patient. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jhempfield
                              Well for starters we would all love to hear your joke!

I have called civil service before and they were very responsive in returning my calls. Make sure you leave a message! They will call you back!

Your degree and military service is great! But the B-PAD counts for 100% of your score. Don't give up if this is the career you really want. It is VERY common to test and interview at many places before getting your foot in the door with a LE agency. If your serious about getting a job in LE then you need to play the field and apply a lot of places. I drove 3 hrs to test with Columbus and believe me I have tested and applied everywhere locally.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3100 users online. 191 members and 2909 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X