300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Butler Tech Academy

Has anyone here attended, or know someone who has, the basic police academy at Butler Tech in Fairfield-Township, Ohio? I’m curious of what your experience was like? Also, do you think you were better off because you went to an academy before you were hired?
    Thanks

I work with a couple guys who went there, and they all say it sucked. Go to great oaks if your in the Cincinnati Area.
    If your not first, your last!!!

Comment

Hmm, do they say why it sucks?
      Major reason I was looking there is because they have a part time night academy.

Comment

UC Clermont has a night academy.

Comment

Ha, I didn't know that. I go to UC Raymond Walters right now, that would be sweet to get credit towards my degree while in the academy. Thanks for that info!
          Know anyone that goes/went there?

Comment

Originally posted by JB21386
            Ha, I didn't know that. I go to UC Raymond Walters right now, that would be sweet to get credit towards my degree while in the academy. Thanks for that info!
            Know anyone that goes/went there?
            I know a few that went there, PM me with your questions and I'll get ya the info. I know they give 30 credit hours for the academy.

Comment

well, been almost 3 yrs now since anyone talked on here, anyone gone through Butler Tech since?
              DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

I have a few friends who did. They say that it blew overall.

No mandatory PT, gun range and qualifying was on a Saturday and not well organized, and the academy was generally a joke.

However, I do not have first hand experience, so take that with a grain of salt.

Comment

PT IS mandatory and the qualification was done during the week. Daytime class did it in early afternoon, night time class did it around
                  8-12am which did suck but it had to be squeezed in.
                  DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

Comment

They mustve cracked down on their standards then.

I checked with my friend, just to make sure I had my facts correct and he reiterated what I said.

I still feel like there are other, more comprehensive academies, but whatever works for you. As long as you have your OPOTA certification I don't think it matters what academy you went to.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10101 users online. 448 members and 9653 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X