300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs in Cleveland Area for Lateral from Georgia

My wife's family lives in Avon Lake outside Cleveland and she desperately wants to move back close to them.

Are there any mid to large size departments hiring in the Cleveland area?

I have a college degree and 5 years experience with the Dekalb County Police Department in the Atlanta Georgia area. Dekalb PD patrols the eastern half of Unincorporated Atlanta and the surrounding area - second largest county in the state.

I haven't seen very much on the web as far as Cleveland area jobs. Couldn't find anything on the Cleveland Police Dpt.

Thanks in advance. At this point in time, my wife hasn't had any job offers, so I have a little time to play with.

This is a very, very, very competitive region. For example, I scored a 97 on one civil service test and was placed at number 26! Every other test seems to have a 200 person cap. In Akron, around 1200 people took the test to fill less than 30 positions. I scored a 93 and placed in the mid-200's. Good luck in your search. Try www.cleveland.com and sort through their job search function. Most local jobs are listed there.

Comment

Define a large size department. 1000+ offiicers would only include Cleveland PD. Cleveland suburbs pay much better than Cleveland PD. The biggest Police force is Parma, I'd guess around 150 officers. Most suburbs test once a year. Plus, with all of the lay offs CPD had a few years ago, job security would be an issue.

This website lists about every suburb in Cuyahoga county. Some of their websites are posted. Good luck to you!

http://members.tripod.com/~lewyn/index.htmautofree

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9999 users online. 448 members and 9551 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X