300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohio State Highway Patrol

I took the test in Feb. Does anyone know if they announced the date of the next class? Has anyone started processing? It's June and still no word for me yet.
    sigpic

Wow, deva Vu. I'm an Ohio State Trooper and I also moved from Fort Wayne for the job. Small world. Miss that place but 10K/year more alone was well worth the move. (I don't miss the license plate fees!)

Well, I can't tell you about when the next class is going to be going on, try 1-866-Trooper or

try this: http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/contact_oshp.html

I hope this helps you but it took me exactly 1 year and 1 month to enter the Acedemy from turning in my application. Generally, you should expect about 6 months of testing to go through and they run it very close to the Academy entrance dates.

I would expect you should hear something within 6 to 8 months of the next Academy class starting date. If you could find out when they expect to start the next class, you could find out when you should be getting contacted.

I previously posted info here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39740

If you don't get in on the first try, try again. Most folks take 2 to 3 years to get in.

** Edit **

I just re-read that you took the test already. Well, I also had to wait a few months of no contact after taking the test. If you didn't score high enough you would have known by now.

So you are probably on the list of eligible folks but I know they prefer to take from residents vs non-residents. If you have to wait till the next class, that could be why. I got that impression when I got in so did the 4 others in with me.
    Last edited by RuthlessOne; 06-09-2006, 12:41 AM.
    http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/

Comment

Ruthless, I actually live in woodburn. I lived in Paulding and Van Wert my whole life. I moved over here in 2004 to be closer to work. I'm 29 years old. Figured I should try to get in before the age limit.
      I scored 92 overall with two 100s. They said the score is good for 3 years. If I don't get in on the next one I'll try till I'm 35. It's what I've wanted since I was a kid. Most of my family lives in Ohio. Well you know how it is living on a border county.
      sigpic

Comment

It took me almost 3 years from application date to academy start date. They say that the "pool" of applicants has diminished so it doesn't take much over a year now.

Comment

I got word from my recruiter that they locked on a date early next year. He said they're doing a lot of testing to make the pool of applicants bigger. I'll keep posting what I find out.
          sigpic

Comment

Hi Tireman, i took the test in april and i was told that the next academy date is set for early 2007. Keep me updated if you hear anything or begin processing.

Comment

KD, nothing new yet. I'll post as I get info. They told us they would start with the highest score and work down according to the number needed. So, they might have started but maybe my score is to low. It's hard to stay focused when you have to go on working and stuff. I started this process in December, they say you have to be patient.
              sigpic

Comment

TM- You have a good score, better than mine: 86. I called the them and the woman i talked to said that i should be processed next training date b/c the pool of applicants is low and so many fail in the processing phase. Very strict standards, but i am used to it i just got out of the army. Yea, i know what you mean about being patient i applied in November 05. I know the current academy graduates in Oct. The waiting is the hard part, i am not even working b/c i kept thinking that this would work out quicker than this!

Comment

My suggestion is to seek gainful employment while processing and apply to other departments. Don't put all your eggs in one basket nor wait for your OSHP egg to hatch. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by CPDjock
                    My suggestion is to seek gainful employment while processing and apply to other departments. Don't put all your eggs in one basket nor wait for your OSHP egg to hatch. Good luck.
                    +1 on that. But, find a job you really don't care too much about. I.E. one that won't be too offended if you have to leave them suddenly. Like a local smaller PD or Twp PD. I've seen it happen many times that there is a large number of folks quitting the first 1 or 2 weeks in an Academy class and they call you asking if you can start Tomorrow or next Monday.

I've talked with several Police Officers over the years that have said they got tired of waiting then joined their current department only to be contacted by the OSP 6 months to 1 year later. Most of them tell me they regetted it but financially they had no choice but remain.

I applied at several PD's, SO's, and state agencies in two states before I got into the OSP.
                    Last edited by RuthlessOne; 07-28-2006, 08:34 PM.
                    http://www.statepatrol.ohio.gov/

Comment

I am trying to get on as a guard at the county jail. I know that it will be at least til January for the academy now so you know i have to do something. Keep your fingers crossed for me and thanks for the advice.

Comment

State Hwy Patrol

lots of interest in becoming one of Ohio's finest. I retired 12 years ago and it seems just like yesterday. I enjoyed my many years as a Trooper. and yes the key word is be patient. I did many background investigations but I enjoyed being a Coach the most, the last troop I broke in was Lt Mike Black, you might know him Ruthless One, I believe he is at the Academy now. Best of luck to you all. For those of you waiting I would try and get as many college credits as I could. One never knows if they will have a career ending injury and will need a new vocation to fall back on. Feel free to contact me

Comment

just took the entrance exam today up in highland hills. they told us it would be highly unlikely to get in the academy class starting in november. the applicants selected for that class have already started the background and psyche tests. they also said the next academy class should be in the first quarter of 07. a lot of it depends on how many retire. there were 81 applicants today and 22 went home due to not meeting vision or weight standards. i applied in may in canton,oh.
                          Last edited by fastpenguin; 08-10-2006, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fastpenguin
                            just took the entrance exam today up in highland hills. they told us it would be highly unlikely to get in the academy class starting in november. the applicants selected for that class have already started the background and psyche tests. they also said the next academy class should be in the first quarter of 07. a lot of it depends on how many retire. there were 81 applicants today and 22 went home due to not meeting vision or weight standards. i applied in may in canton,oh.
                            I applied in Nov. 05 and took the test in April. I am still waiting to begin processing. They told me there would be no training until the first of 2007.

Comment

Is anyone being contacted for processing? Its been since April for me, I passed to the exam and then they said we'll contact when a date has been set, but nothing yet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3118 users online. 188 members and 2930 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X