Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS-13 here?

hey all......

I'm looking into the Mara Salvatrucha gang. I can't find anything specific about their being confirmed here in Ohio. Though I am sure they are here.

I know that some of you are from larger urban areas so though I'd ask if you have any knowledge of the gang being organized here in Ohio.

thanks
    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

You may want to check the Immigration and Customs Enforcement website, they post progress reports on locating MS-13 gang members and where they were caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceman33
      You may want to check the Immigration and Customs Enforcement website, they post progress reports on locating MS-13 gang members and where they were caught.

Thanks...I have looked at some stuff on the ICE website...but diidn't find that. I'll look harder
      An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Without going into detail, I can say yes, the gang is forming here in Ohio.
        THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

I can verify that they are in Lorain County.

Comment

On friday The Canton Repository did a front page article on the growing gang problem in Canton. You can check it out at CANTONREP.COM and check the archive for 2-10-06.

Comment

Originally posted by sskiba1286
              I can verify that they are in Lorain County.

We have tagging and have had personal contact with several MS13 members and latin kings also. Our MS13 members seem to have "strayed" from the group if you know what i mean. The latin king members we see our mostly from the chicago area. I work for a medium size suburb outside of columbus.

Comment

Any updates on this? Especially in N.E. Ohio/Cleveland area.

I'm just now starting to study trends on this and any info/resources will be helpful. I'm becoming quite interested in this area of Law Enforcement and would like to specialize in it once I'm with my Dept.
                "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

They are poppin up all over the state, mainly in the bigger metro areas. They were in Lorain when I left there a couple years ago but in small numbers.

It takes quite a bit of time on the street to get all the gang BS put together, don't try to get too much info at once.

Comment

here ya go, big round up in columbus of members...
                    15 arrested as members of Latino gang
                    Federal, city officers zero in on MS-13
                    Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:00 AM
                    By Martin Rozenman

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
                    Columbus police and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security arrested 15 people suspected of being gang members yesterday, saying they had cast fear over the Latino community.

The arrests of 14 men and one woman were made between 3 and 7 p.m. on the North Side. Tamarack Circle, and areas around I-71 and Rt. 161 were targeted, officials said.

All 15 are in custody at the Franklin County jail and elsewhere, said Cmdr. Jeffrey Blackwell of the Columbus Police Strategic Response Bureau. Their names weren't available late last night.

Everyone arrested yesterday was an illegal immigrant and affiliated with the MS-13 gang, which originated in El Salvador, he said. The FBI and Franklin County sheriff's office also contributed to the arrests, Blackwell said.

"MS-13 is a Hispanic gang notorious for violence," he said. "With the growing Hispanic population here, this gang has moved in and done its thing. … Over the last several months, there's been a proliferation of felonious-type crimes."

Blackwell said gang members are suspected in two slayings, though he wouldn't give details. None of the people arrested had been charged with murder last night.

The specific charges weren't available, but Blackwell said the gang members have been responsible for an escalation of the drug trade, robbery and burglary, among other crimes.

"People are so afraid, so fearful of retaliation from MS-13," he said.

Blackwell estimated Columbus' Latino population at between 70,000 and 100,000.

"This gang has followed and set up shop," he said. Blackwell estimated the gang has more than 100 members in the Columbus area.

Scott Best, resident agent in charge for the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Office of Investigations, said the probe began after an arrest by Columbus police in 2004. A 2005 operation netted nine "international" gang members, meaning they'd traveled to and from the country, he said.

"This is part of a nationwide crackdown, Operation Community Shield," Best said. "Columbus is one of the key areas."

Five of those in custody have leadership roles with MS-13, he said, and more arrests are expected.

"We want to prosecute (gang members) on state, local and federal charges," he said.

Blackwell said the arrests would have a positive effect on the level of violence and drug dealing.

"We're trying to make people feel safe, so they can come forward," Blackwell said.

Tamarack circle and the hole north side seems to be having quite a few problems as of late.

Comment

We had a dozen or so move into Canton but we jumped on them right away. they packed up and moved to Columbus. Thursday night ne of our guys was off-duty at a bar and got jumped by 3 hispanics that turned out to be possible 18 street. Did a search of their place and found drugs, money, and guns. They were from East LA. looks like they need our undivided attention

Comment

It's just my (very) amateur opinion, but it seems that the bigger gangs are scouting out territory, looking to set up shop in new areas.

I suspect that you'll see some more interesting things coming out of the Painesville/Lake county area. I know that Lake County Narcotics guys are having a time of it. At least they were a few months ago.

Like I said though, it's my amateur 2 cents.
                        "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer

"Religions do make claims about the universe--the same kinds of claims that scientists make, except they're usually false."

Comment

Well we got a tty from the FBI this week telling us that there was a huge prison break in El Salvador and all the MS13 guys there escaped. I imagine they are headed to the US

Comment

There was one of there higher ups found dead in Perry county a few years ago and there have been some tags in the south campus area of OSU. There all coming this way.

Comment

Not to sound too big brother-ish, but non law eforcement folks monitor this site too. For information only. With that, there has been an increase in gang tagging of this type in the midwest. more info is available on LEO.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12222 users online. 419 members and 11803 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X