Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What departments/areas is everyone from?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What departments/areas is everyone from?

Hey guys, just wondering where everyone is coming from which department or area??

Central Ohio.

Comment

Southern NE Ohio/Eastern Mid Ohio....
      In god we trust, the rest we run through NCIC

Comment

Cincinnati Suburb
        ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS, DON'T BLAME OTHERS!!!

Comment

Calif Dept Of Corrections (and rehabilitation LOL!) Our new Director added this crap!
          "ACTA NON VERBA" (Deeds not words!)

Comment

I don't think you are going to get much of a response. Forum members here tend to be very candid. It is not unusual for them to vent about problems within their agency, or to offer personal insight and opinions on law enforcement that conflict with the official position of their respective departments. In turn, this could subject them to disciplinary action (I've seen this happen on another forum).

It's one thing if a forum member spontaneously volunteers their agency affiliation up front, but if they don't, it's considered impolite to ask.
            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

You bring up an interesting point. If the offs. views are accurate & can be substantiated then wouldn't it be safe to say they aren't bringing discredit to their Dept., which is what they're usually charged with, but rather simply voicing a truthful observation? I bring this up only because I hear how we're supposed to be so honest,etc,etc., then when we are, offs. get in trouble. I haven't seen it firsthand so I don't know the consequences but I've always been troubled by this inconsistency. So since you brought it up, what's your (& others ) opinion?

Comment

You're right. On appeal, a terminated officer might get his job back. Or, he might not.

In the mean time, he would have to endure around 12 months of anxiety, waiting for an appeals hearing to be calendared and then for an administrative law judge to carefully weigh the evidence and render an opinion. In the mean time, he would have no wages or health insurance with which to support his family and he probably would be unemployable with another agency because his old department terminated him for cause. And I almost forgot, while unemployed and unable to support his family, he's going to have to find lots of money to pay the attorney representing him in his appeal. Then if the judge rules in his favor, he has to hope his department doesn't appeal the mater to superior court, in which case he will remain unemployed, broke and looking for even more money to pay his attorney while the new court decides the matter.

I don't know about you but, that's way too big a price for me to pay just to prove I am right and my department is wrong. It's a lot easier to just be discrete in my postings.
                Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Northern California

Comment

ummm is the Ohio thread?
                    An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

Moving to Ohio

I am soon to be moving to Ohio and plan on starting the Academy in August. I will be living just south of Akron in Green. I am planning to go to Traynor's Police Academy. Looking for friends and advice.

Comment

Originally posted by JdSnaps
                        I am soon to be moving to Ohio and plan on starting the Academy in August. I will be living just south of Akron in Green. I am planning to go to Traynor's Police Academy. Looking for friends and advice.
                        I am originally from NE Ohio, around the neck of the woods that you will be moving to. Right now, the competition for LEO jobs are extremely keen in NE Ohio. The job openings are very limited, especially for the suburbs. (I have a family member who works for Summit County S.O.) This has been the case for many years now.

You should be willing to relocate to other parts of Ohio if you are having trouble finding employment around Akron. (Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton areas.) If you'd like more information or advice, PM me. Good luck, and happy Turkey Day.

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold978
                          I am originally from NE Ohio, around the neck of the woods that you will be moving to. Right now, the competition for LEO jobs are extremely keen in NE Ohio. The job openings are very limited, especially for the suburbs. (I have a family member who works for Summit County S.O.) This has been the case for many years now.

You should be willing to relocate to other parts of Ohio if you are having trouble finding employment around Akron. (Columbus, Cincinnati, and Dayton areas.) If you'd like more information or advice, PM me. Good luck, and happy Turkey Day.
                          Thank you for your reply I would like to get started on a s.o. I am willing to relocate but will not be able to do it for a few years b/c my g/f will be attending college. Hopefully there will be an opening somewhere close in a year for a 22y/o female cop. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JdSnaps

I know few guys who have went through Traynor's. Just wait till you meet the commander. Definately old school

I'm from NE ohio as well

Comment

Ditto what B&G said.... paying jobs are quite scarce

.......and if you are open enrollment....you have to worry about your eligibility expiring before you get a job at all
                              An impressionable child in a tumultuous world, and they say I'm at a difficult stage... --Meat Loaf

Professional Stupidity Recognition Technician

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7742 users online. 370 members and 7372 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X