X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dayton Police Shoot Suspect

www.wdtn.com
    Updated 9/14/2005 at 16:31:19
    Police said they had no choice but to shoot a man when he rammed an officer's cruiser with his car. Police shot 43-year-old John Thompson two times, once in the arm, and once in the abdomen.

It happened Tuesday afternoon while police were conducting a surveillance operation of a suspected drug house. Police then spotted a man in a car they wanted to question. They tried to pull him over and ended up an old gas station lot on the corner of North Main Street and Burton Avenue. That is where police said Thompson acted out aggressively.

According to investigators, when one officer reached into the car to try and gain control, Thompson put his car in reverse and backed into a police cruiser. And when it looked like Thompson was reaching into his pocket to grab a gun, one officer opened fire. Based on the initial investigation, Dayton Police Major Mike Brown, his officer's use of deadly force in this case was justified.

"If they identified and felt this guy had a gun, I'm not so sure that using a taser would have been appropriate at that moment," Brown told 2News.

Major Brown said police did find a semi-automatic handgun in Thompson's pocket.

Thompson is expected to survive. He faces a charge of felonious assault on a police officer.

The officer who shot Thompson is on paid leave while police investigate all aspects to this case.
    THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Dayton shot another one today. They are having a rash of OIS.
    South Bloomfield Police Department
    K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Gunner
      Dayton shot another one today. They are having a rash of OIS.

I am watching the news on that shooting now... Former Dayton cops son...

Also seen there was a standoff today as well
      THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Yep, they shot another today I think. I am not sure what is up with the "rash" lately. I have heard a lot of shady things about DPD, and when I trained with them, I saw it, so I hope everything shakes out ok for the officers involved.
        South Bloomfield Police Department
        K9 Unit

American Working Dog Council

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3157 users online. 154 members and 3003 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X