Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Police - 2016 & Beyond

Whats up,

Figured I would start a new thread for Cleveland PD since the last was in 2014. Anyone able to provide insight to the dept, are they currently hiring ? If so, when is the next testing period. Hopeful to get some traction on this.

http://www.city.cleveland.oh.us/City...etyRecruitment

Here you go. Not the greatest info given and hasn't been updated recently but you can always call u guess
    Last edited by teufelhunden88; 03-02-2016, 06:16 PM.

Comment

I hear they are focused on getting the whole department trained through Columbus police academy, some form of reform the police chiefs wants to exercise given some issues they have been having up north. So with that being said I doubt they will process until they get all their officers through the Columbus academy. I've also heard since all of them will go through Columbus academy that makes them eligible to join Columbus pd if they so choose. Don't quote me on that but that's what I heard from a buddy of mine who currently works for Columbus.

Comment

Your friends information is incorrect. Cleveland is using the Ohio highway patrol basic peace officers class. The osp academy is in Columbus though.

Comment

Originally posted by uanick View Post
          Your friends information is incorrect. Cleveland is using the Ohio highway patrol basic peace officers class. The osp academy is in Columbus though.
          That information came from the news, and my buddy was saying if they go to cpd's training academy then that would make them eligible for Columbus, in that sense he's correct. Now if they had changed to going to oshp academy then that would be new news to me which to me don't really matter but even if so I would bet they would wait to hire or process anyone until after everyone has been through the academy.

Comment

CLEVELAND, Ohio — The new recruits for the 135th Cleveland Police Academy made their way to Columbus Wednesday to begin their six months of training.

Fifty recruits were taken to Columbus for training at the Training Academy of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, according to a statement released Wednesday by the city of Cleveland.

The academy class is the city's first to train with the State Highway Patrol. Recruits will undergo 16 weeks of training in Columbus before returning to Cleveland to finish another six to eight weeks of city-specific training at the Cleveland police academy.

Recruits were originally scheduled to begin training on Dec. 9, but the start was delayed by a lawsuit brought against the city by the union representing rank-and-file officers in the department.

Cleveland Police Patrolmen's Association President Steve Loomis argued that moving the training to Columbus would disrupt family life and would not provide enough Cleveland-specific information and training.

Last Friday, a judge lifted an order that prevented the recruits from training in Columbus.

Read more: Judge allows Cleveland to move police cadet training to Columbus academy

The recruits are scheduled to graduate from the Highway Patrol academy on May 6, 2016. They will receive more than 1,100 total hours of tactics training, law, community diversity and crisis intervention training while studying at both academies.

Comment

Nice, yeah last I heard was going to be Columbus.. OHbuck15 can you accept MP's?

Comment

I think so

Comment

I just tried and it wont allow me to because you don't have it set up to accept PM's.

Comment

You will have to enable it and I forget how to because its been a while..

Comment

Originally posted by OHbuck15 View Post
                      I think so
                      But, anyway you work for FCSO right?

Comment

Negative I work for an agency in SW Ohio

Pm on now
                        Last edited by OHbuck15; 04-27-2016, 08:25 AM.

Comment

when are they gonna start the new process, i.e. schedule another test

Comment

Cleveland Police are giving an exam through the National Testing Network. Applications are being accepted until 10/14/2016.

Comment

Is Cleveland going to be using the NTN test as their Civil Service Test now? Or is NTN just a way to filter people out to come up and take a Cilil Service test for them? I know Columbus gets a lot of people apply, whats the average for Cleveland? Also, I'm in an OPOTA academy now and my academy does PT at Columbus PD, and our instructor there told me that they was looking to start helping Cleveland with cadets. So some may be going to CPD for academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10313 users online. 475 members and 9838 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X