Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I gave it my best shot, but I failed the run by 14 seconds. Gonna work harder and try a second time for the fall class. I also need to get checked out for asthma too, that was mainly my problem on top of not setting a steady pace. I went all out too fast trying to keep up with the fast runners, and that only lasted for 3 laps. Wore myself out in the beginning, but now I know what I need to work on. Today was a huge, humbling learning curve for me. It's a downer that I went home without a polygraph packet, but my drive for achieving this just got that much bigger. And heck, I'm already an officer, so in the meantime I can just continue dreaming about having a bigger jurisdiction compared to what I have now!

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. Try doing a combination of strength training and cardio in order to get stronger all around. Keep trying!

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I just gotta work harder at getting that run time below the mandated requirement. And honestly, what tripped me up was focusing on that "Give it all you have, we don't like the bare minimum." Speech they gave us. And I had that in the back of my mind during the run, hence trying to keep up with the fast marathon runners. Had I paced myself during the 15-20 laps, and then going all out during the last remaining, I think I would have had it. Its a downer that I missed it, but now I know what needs to be done to be successful.

Comment

Sorry to hear you didn't make the cut. At least you know what needs to be done and can easily achieve that goal. Sounds like there is going to be a second academy later this year as well, so you'll get another crack at it.

OSU- have you heard from your BI yet? I still haven't been contacted since my polygraph.. I hate waiting

Comment

Ya he called me two days ago and he sent me the background packet. He said to get everything together and he will call me early next week to set up a meeting

Comment

OSU and DRP416, I would really love to get in contact with you guys to touch base about the process. I passed my polygraph almost 4 weeks ago and am still waiting to hear from the BI. I am getting nervous! Hopefully you (OSU) can provide some insight on the background process. I.e. the in home interview and what not.

Comment

Don't get too worried that you haven't heard anything yet. I went to an early testing day so I think that is why mine is going so fast. I just met with my BI yesterday and it was pretty much just turning in all my paperwork and talking over a few things. He said it is going to take a long time for the complete background check and they will get back with me. After they call a bunch of people and complete the check they send it to a panel and the panel makes the decision. Let me know if you have any questions!

Comment

I took my polygraph on December 19th and I haven't heard anything. It stinks waiting but if you haven't heard anything yet then that means you're still in the process which is what's important. I know some people that got rejected and OSHP didn't wasn't any time sending then their rejection letter.

OSU- did your BI tell you anything about when the academy is set to start? Hopefully it's still in April. The sooner the better!

Comment

he didn't say when the academy would start

Comment

I took my polygraph on January 16, and I have not heard anything thing yet. It looks like it takes a while to hear any thing.

Comment

The background investigation sounds really thorough, I am guessing they won't call me for a couple weeks. More waiting!

For those of you who finished your polygraph and are still waiting, it took me about a month to hear from them after my poly. My suggestion, if you have not already done so, would be to give a follow-up call and see what the status is. I called and got a pretty good update after not hearing from them for awhile.

Comment

Also, when you get to your background investigation, try your hardest to have the entire packet completed when you meet with your background investigator. My BI was grateful that I had everything and he told me it would expedite the process.

Comment

Originally posted by OSU_27 View Post
                            Also, when you get to your background investigation, try your hardest to have the entire packet completed when you meet with your background investigator. My BI was grateful that I had everything and he told me it would expedite the process.
                            My BI appointment is next week. They are consolidating everything for me since I am coming from out of state and still active duty. I have my medical and military records along with the Ohio tax form, what else do they need as far as the background packet? I sent the one back that they gave out after initial testing, have not seen anything else.

Comment

It might be something different for you but I got a 7 page packet from them with all of the paperwork I needed to gather. If you have not been fingerprinted yet they will give you the packet then. It is a much more detailed version of the paper you got at initial testing.

Comment

OSU-- Is there anything different they add in the background packet other than the info we already have together from the original list? Also, you mean call your recruiter to check up?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7952 users online. 397 members and 7555 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X