Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berry316
    replied
    No, I was told all the information I will need would be in the packet sent including the start date.

Leave a comment:

• DRP416
    replied
    Originally posted by Berry316 View Post
    Received a phone call stating that I will have a packet coming in by the end of July for the upcoming academy class this fall...
    Did they by any chance mention a start for the fall academy? I haven't gotten any phone calls since April.

Leave a comment:

• Berry316
    replied
    Received a phone call stating that I will have a packet coming in by the end of July for the upcoming academy class this fall...

Leave a comment:

• DTMOF84
    replied
    Originally posted by DRP416 View Post
    Ajreiter- I called the recruitment office and they said that this means I have successfully completed the process and that the board passed my background to clear me for the next academy. However, if they end up getting more people cleared for the academy than they have spots available (they don't know how many spots will be open) then there isn't a guarantee I'm in. But they did say it's very likely. They also said they are expecting an October academy start.
    I received the same letter a week ago, and called to ask them questions regarding this. I was told pretty much the same exact thing. Since it says we will be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start of class definitely makes you think we are guaranteed to be in the next class. I would think that if they have more eligible for the academy than they have for current openings, they would send in the first 40 or so that were approved. I hope we all hear something back soon.

Leave a comment:

• DRP416
    replied
    Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
    Darn, you're about three hours away from me. Live in little town USA Marietta OH. I was hoping to find a good running partner for the summer.
    Yea I have a friend in the academy right. They keeps telling me to train 2x as hard as you think you need to. Just gonna have to turn into a gym rat this summer and a marathon runner.

Leave a comment:

• ajreiter
    replied
    Im living in Columbus right now as I am finishing shool at Ohio State. I'm moving to Findlay Ohio this summer though as I am originally from there.
    Darn, you're about three hours away from me. Live in little town USA Marietta OH. I was hoping to find a good running partner for the summer.

Leave a comment:

• DRP416
    replied
    Originally posted by ajreiter View Post
    Awesome, thank you for your reply. I look forward to meeting you at some point hopefully October! If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you from?
    Im living in Columbus right now as I am finishing shool at Ohio State. I'm moving to Findlay Ohio this summer though as I am originally from there.

Leave a comment:

• jsmith336
    replied

Jsmith- is that small local PD by any chance Upper Arlington? Congrats and I wish you best of luck!
    Thank you, and no, it is Grove City. CPD has around 15 from surrounding agencies going through with their 35 recruits. Good luck to you and everyone else that is up for the fall academy.

Leave a comment:

• ajreiter
    replied
    Awesome, thank you for your reply. I look forward to meeting you at some point hopefully October! If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you from?

Leave a comment:

• DRP416
    replied
    Ajreiter- I called the recruitment office and they said that this means I have successfully completed the process and that the board passed my background to clear me for the next academy. However, if they end up getting more people cleared for the academy than they have spots available (they don't know how many spots will be open) then there isn't a guarantee I'm in. But they did say it's very likely. They also said they are expecting an October academy start. I'm sure we will both be in the next class!

Jsmith- is that small local PD by any chance Upper Arlington? Congrats and I wish you best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• ajreiter
    replied
    Hi DRP, I received that same letter yesterday. If you did call i'm curious as to what you found out about being in the next academy.

Leave a comment:

• jsmith336
    replied
    Berry- I recieved the same letter, saying congrats on successfully completing the application process and that I'm currently pending on the next open academy. It also said I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start date of the academy. Does this letter mean that we are for sure accepted into the next academy or that we are on hold and we will be considered for the next academy? I may call the recruiting office and ask.
    Same here. However, I start the Columbus PD academy in June for a local central Ohio agency so I am out regardless.

Leave a comment:

• DRP416
    replied
    Berry- I recieved the same letter, saying congrats on successfully completing the application process and that I'm currently pending on the next open academy. It also said I would be notified 4-6 weeks prior to the start date of the academy. Does this letter mean that we are for sure accepted into the next academy or that we are on hold and we will be considered for the next academy? I may call the recruiting office and ask.

Leave a comment:

• Josh.greer
    replied
    Is the class still running 53? Any other reserves been called? You berry316? I still have not been called, we will see how the first five days go, good luck to everyone going in tomorrow and stick it out

Leave a comment:

• Berry316
    replied
    I Received a letter basically saying I was accepted and that I have successfully completed the application process.. And Once an academy class start date is established, I will be notified 4-6weeks prior to the start of the next class.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5184 users online. 250 members and 4934 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X