300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post

Roger that, you've been at it for a while now haven't you? Where you at so far, just waiting to get your letter?
    I started in October. It feels like it's been forever haha. Yeah I'm just waiting on the letter now. I was hoping to get it before they send out notice for the spring academy but that probably won't happen unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Future_OSHP View Post

I started in October. It feels like it's been forever haha. Yeah I'm just waiting on the letter now. I was hoping to get it before they send out notice for the spring academy but that probably won't happen unfortunately.
      Well buddy it's still early yet to tell.. it's only February and you got the rest of February and March. You may still get something, even an alternate. Even if you get an alternate spot the probability of you getting in is still extremely high my man. Stay positive and focused, one day at a time.

Comment

• Does the pay increase upon completion of the academy?

Comment

• Future_OSHP - Did you take the physical and written in October? I probably met you, because that's when I took mine. It does seem like it's been forever. What letter are you referring to that you're waiting for? If we aren't accepted to the spring because of timing or whatever the case may be, do we still get an email or anything saying if we've been accepted by the committee?

As far as I go, I have a tattoo that is getting removed still. I've had treatments, but it probably won't be gone for the spring class. I've talked to a few Sgts about it, and they said i would be moved to the potential roster for the October class if I couldn't get my arm approved for spring. Now since I've been in the process since October, I'm not sure if that means I have first dibs at a spot or what, I got everything done rather quickly so I'm basically a sitting duck.
          Last edited by CBitez; 02-03-2017, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Well buddy it's still early yet to tell.. it's only February and you got the rest of February and March. You may still get something, even an alternate. Even if you get an alternate spot the probability of you getting in is still extremely high my man. Stay positive and focused, one day at a time.
            Yeah true. Either way I'm ok with it. It does make the decision harder if I don't get into the sprng academy because there are a few other agencies I am in the process with who will be finishing up my stuff in the next few months. That being said OSHP is my first choice.

Regarding your question about pay, according to their website, pay is $18 an hour while in the academy then once you're out it jumps to around $49k a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBitez View Post
              Future_OSHP - Did you take the physical and written in October? I probably met you, because that's when I took mine. It does seem like it's been forever. What letter are you referring to that you're waiting for? If we aren't accepted to the spring because of timing or whatever the case may be, do we still get an email or anything saying if we've been accepted by the committee?

As far as I go, I have a tattoo that is getting removed still. I've had treatments, but it probably won't be gone for the spring class. I've talked to a few Sgts about it, and they said i would be moved to the potential roster for the October class if I couldn't get my arm approved for spring. Now since I've been in the process since October, I'm not sure if that means I have first dibs at a spot or what, I got everything done rather quickly so I'm basically a sitting duck.
              Yeah I took the physical and written in October. The letter/email we're referring to is the committee one. From what I understand they will tell us we finished the hiring process and will be in the next academy that has openings. So if spring is full we potentially go on the reserve list or the fall academy list. I think we would be first on the list, before the new applicants, but I'm not 100% sure.
              Good luck getting the tattoo removed. I've heard it can be a long and somewhat painful process depending on the size and colors used.
              Hopefully we both hear about the committee's decision soon on our applications.

Comment

Sorry, it doesn't work like that. One would have to finish the process a month to two months prior to emails being sent out. Like you stated previously, classes fill up rather quickly.

One more thing Adam, you should look at OSP's website. A lot of the questions that you're asking can be found on there.
                Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperTrooper! View Post

Sorry, it doesn't work like that. One would have to finish the process a month to two months prior to emails being sent out. Like you stated previously, classes fill up rather quickly.

One more thing Adam, you should look at OSP's website. A lot of the questions that you're asking can be found on there.
                  Roger that bud thanks, I did look and read through a lot I may have read over it not thinking. I'll look at it again.

Comment

Yeah true. Either way I'm ok with it. It does make the decision harder if I don't get into the sprng academy because there are a few other agencies I am in the process with who will be finishing up my stuff in the next few months. That being said OSHP is my first choice.

Regarding your question about pay, according to their website, pay is $18 an hour while in the academy then once you're out it jumps to around $49k a year.
                    I say you take what comes first honestly, depending on your age man you can always reapply for osp if that's what you really want but at least this way you got on a department. I did see the pay right while in the academy but nothing stating what the increase would be after graduation.

Comment

• Just for a reference, the academy is April 6th.

Comment

• Whew early April lol that would cutting it close but still a good amount of time from now until then. I really hope you guys hear something it would be nice to everyone make it. Just from the talks on here it seems a lot of people are passionate about this process and are making huge strides to accomplish it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperTrooper! View Post
                          Just for a reference, the academy is April 6th.
                          Did they send out the emails about it yet?

Comment

Did they send out the emails about it yet?
                            Last edited by SuperTrooper!; 02-04-2017, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• To those who filled out the February Application, have you received an email with all the paperwork or it is the current application is under review?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fr0zEn4244 View Post
                                To those who filled out the February Application, have you received an email with all the paperwork or it is the current application is under review?
                                I have two current application is under review, at least that's what it shows on governemtjobs.com. Recruitment told me on the phone she wouldn't be sending out notices until she here's back from all the other regions or something, what ever that means and that the test would given on a Saturday sometime next month.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4432 users online. 310 members and 4122 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X