Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, there I'm not really new to the forums here. I've been browsing around as a guest and decided to signup. So, here's what happened to me. I applied to Ohio State Highway Patrol back in August. They accepted. I took my physical in October and passed. I took my polygraph in November and my results were inconclusive. The examiner asked me about the questions where my reactions weren't normal and even brought out a folder with a diagram of convictions to possibly "jog my memory for possible offenses I may have forgotten". I didn't lie about anything and was honest. I was just extremely nervous and one of the topics he did touch on brought painful memories back for me. Needless to say, he said I didn't fail, but I didn't pass and it was up the committee to decide. Well fast forward a month, yesterday, I received an email saying they ran my background check and that was fine, however, "We sincerely appreciate your interest in the Ohio State Highway Patrol. However, after serious consideration, we will not continue to process your application. "Due to your admission(s) during your polygraph examination that violate the State of Ohio Hiring Standards, you will receive no further consideration." This was my dream agency. I am from Dayton. I had applied with Dayton PD and OSHP. Since I failed the polygraph this time and not sure why, am I completely barred from ever applying with OSHP or having employment with them again?

Comment

• That is concerning. That "painful memory" may be a deal breaker for lots of departments. Word of advice, you may want to look out of state I.e. Texas/Maryland. Just a thought. I would contact DPD and tell them about those concerns OSP had and just ask if they are disqualifies. It will save you the time and money invested...

Comment

• That's odd I mean was it something you forgot but was in the disqualifiers section they send out prior to completing the phq? Or did you have a violation and you didn't exceed the time frame they wanted? For example, an ovi you have to wait 5 years to apply but even then that doesn't guarantee you will make it and they make you wait longer.. I'm sorry to hear bud if I were you I wouldn't give up man and I'd keep giving the good fight. Maybe not with OSP but man you might make one hell of an officer at another department that would appreciate the type of person you're today. We all make mistakes and like buck stated contact Dayton and let them know asap. Good luck to you and never give up.

Comment

• I just got the email this morning, but I've been accepted into the next Academy class pending the psych evaluation.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSU'16 View Post
            I just got the email this morning, but I've been accepted into the next Academy class pending the psych evaluation.
            Brother... that is outstanding! I'm really excited for you man! I can't even imagine how you feel now lol. What a Christmas present!

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam2015 View Post

Brother... that is outstanding! I'm really excited for you man! I can't even imagine how you feel now lol. What a Christmas present!
              Thanks man, it's definitely exciting!

Comment

• I just got notified I'm moving on to background. Hopefully I get through that fairly quick and can make it into the spring class as well. Does anyone know if the spring class is already full? They made it sound like it almost was already in October when I took my PT test.

Comment

• I would aim for the fall class if I were you. If you get into the spring then that's great, but don't get your hopes up. The BI has to do his job and that can take a long time then the selection committee definitely takes a while. They'll be making the roster for the spring class fairly soon.
                  Police were called to a daycare where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up SuperTrooper. That makes sense. I guess the upside is it gives me more time to get into better shape. I guess I'll prepare like I'm going to be in the spring but if I don't make it in time oh well.

Comment

• Happy New Year everyone! Keep training and don't get injured!
                      Last edited by SuperTrooper!; 01-06-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• GM All!

Hope everyone had a good New Year! Has anyone heard a start date for the next academy class?

Comment

• I seen an article about OSP accepting applications Feb. 1, 2017 but I'm unsure if it's for multiple positions around the state or not. The article mainly talked about for the Cleveland area, if anyone hears anything different or has better insight let me know please and thank you. Good luck to you guys going to the academy or still waiting on your offers!

Comment

• The position is for statewide vacancies.

Comment

• Okay cool thanks man

Comment

• How long did it take you guys to hear back from the committee? I'm like pulling hairs over here. My background was completed a few days after Christmas..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3467 users online. 236 members and 3231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X