Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knox, I'm in the same position as you. I only have 2 semesters left and I hope to find out if I will be able to finish spring semester or not before the payment deadline. I'm guessing the academy will start in April/may

Comment

Update- trooper Hudson called me this morning and scheduled me for my polygraph on December 20th in Jackson ohio. The odd thing is, I had just sent my packet in today after she called. So she called me without receiving my packet. I was told they wouldn't schedule you until after they received your packet. Oh well, either way I'm happy this process is moving very quickly!!

Comment

DRP- I'm appealing my institution to let me go and allow me to transfer in my remaining credits from another school. I have low hopes that it will pass because they, like a business, are all about the money. What are you thinking about doing?

Comment

Knox- We both have our poly tests on the 20th, where is yours at? As for school, I'm not exactly sure what to do. I have my classes scheduled so I might pay and then I can drop the classes 3 weeks into the semester and get a full refund. That could buy me some more time. But like you said colleges just want their money and Ohio State seems to be the most greedy of them all. The lease in my house is almost up too and I have no idea what to do for living arrangements. I have a lot up in the air pending right now..

Comment

DRP-Mine is in Findlay. I got out of my school and am actually taking a shorter semester at an OSU satellite campus, which I believe ends on April 24th. I'll still get my degree from the school I've been at. At least thats the plan right now. It's been pretty tough making these calls with so much riding on prospect alone.

Comment

Knox- very nice, I am from Findlay. I'll post the results from my poly exam as soon as it ends. I wanna get this test over with. I feel like it's te last major step. If we pass I feel confident that we will more than likely get into the academy. I heard they haven't received many application. Could be a good or bad thing..

Comment

I noticed that they kept extending the application deadline. I wondered if they weren't receiving enough applicants.
                Anyway, I'm having the hardest time trying to get the Hearing Test done, as there isn't any ENTs or Audiologists close to me that are in-network for insurance. Have an appt scheduled but I'll be driving 5 hours round-trip. Written and PT on Dec. 30

Comment

Is the physical fitness test held inside or outside?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the test has been held inside for everyone but I'd bring warm clothes as well just to be safe! We ran 24 laps around a hot, stuffy gym.

Comment

DRP-what do you know about the poly? I know it's not a character poly as with the CIA or FBI, but other than that I can't say I know anything about it. My recruiter said that most who pass the poly pass the background. I agree that it's the last major step. I also was told that they don't give you your results on the spot, that it can take up to two weeks. Have you heard differently? That's odd that they haven't received many applications, I'd imagine a lot of guys were waiting for the application process to start up again. Hopefully that may increase our chances.

Comment

I'm honestly not familiar with the OSHP poly exam. This is my first time through. I do know people that have taken their poly though. I believe you do recieve your results immediately. Jsmith336 said he had his on the 13 but he hasn't posted anything yet. As for the amount of applications, the numbers might be down now but the testing still goes through all of January so who knows how any they will end up with. I really just want to get this test done with. In having a heck of a time being patient!

Comment

I took a poly a few months ago for PA State Police, and I would assume it's basically the same format for Ohio. Basic general questions about your background depending on your answers in the poly screening booklet that you fill out prior to the exam. PA is so slow in the process and it took about 2 months to get my results, so it would be great to hear how you do immediately after the exam, if that is what Ohio does. Just tell the truth about EVERYTHING!! Don't hold anything back.

Comment

Fitness test...do they stop you at the 25 push-ups and 35 sit-ups or do you continue for as many as possible in the 1 minute given?

Comment

You do as many as you can for the full minute

Comment

I took the written and pt last Saturday, it started with 43 and by the end of it we only had 18 get though both parts. I also got my call yesterday and I have my Polly Jan 13 in Findlay . Is any one having a hard time getting medical records? I called my doctor and he said after 10 years they don't save them any more.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7226 users online. 355 members and 6871 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X