• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment said no date as of 2 days ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Okay, just checking. Thanks

Comment

• This is probably a stupid question. But does anybody know the policy on tobacco use while at the academy? (Dipping to be exact). I would assume it's zero use since it is a LOT like BT for the military but I'm just wondering.

Comment

• Unsure about that, I'd also be interested in medicine use such as allergy meds and generic ibuprofen, heartburn, etc

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLEO21 View Post
            This is probably a stupid question. But does anybody know the policy on tobacco use while at the academy? (Dipping to be exact). I would assume it's zero use since it is a LOT like BT for the military but I'm just wondering.
            Their policy is no tobacco on academy grounds. They don't really care what you do on your time but you won't be using in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tpr91 View Post
              Unsure about that, I'd also be interested in medicine use such as allergy meds and generic ibuprofen, heartburn, etc
              You can have that stuff but you have to ask permission. Basically they just want to know what you have in your drawer, they will approve that stuff without question.

Comment

• Gotcha, thanks for the info

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Down View Post
                  Their policy is no tobacco on academy grounds. They don't really care what you do on your time but you won't be using in there.
                  Okay thanks for the info. That's what I assumed but just wanted to check

Comment

• Originally posted by PD_3 View Post
                    Thanks! I was thinking it would be the same. Hopefully someone will be able to advise if the bench press and leg press are still part of the process.
                    My friend is in the current academy. They bench and leg press are factored into the PT tests they take at the academy that go into their class rank. But it isn't part of the PT test we have to take before we go into the academy.

Comment

• They notified my friend by email exactly 6 weeks before the start of the next academy. If they follow suite I would guess the next academy would be October 12th. The class before her graduated 2 weeks before her academy started and she graduates September 30th.

Comment

• Originally posted by justice.45 View Post
                        My friend is in the current academy. They bench and leg press are factored into the PT tests they take at the academy that go into their class rank. But it isn't part of the PT test we have to take before we go into the academy.
                        Thanks for the details.

Comment

• I have a question regarding the military type oxford shoes. I would like to get them now and get them broken in and have time to learn how to properly polish them. I would assume they mean something like one of these?
                          http://m.galls.com/bates-high-shine-...00000000002078

http://m.galls.com/thorogood-classic...00000000002078

Comment

• Oh and with all the clothing, do they have to be non logo items. Or can they have a logo, like Nike or under armour?

Comment

• Anyone have any updates on the October class? I passed my Poly, and met my background investigator last week and was told it should go fast from here. I should here back from the selection committee within the next couple weeks, I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLEO21 View Post
                                I have a question regarding the military type oxford shoes. I would like to get them now and get them broken in and have time to learn how to properly polish them. I would assume they mean something like one of these?
                                http://m.galls.com/bates-high-shine-...00000000002078

http://m.galls.com/thorogood-classic...00000000002078
                                Those shoes would be fine, just make sure you get the most comfortable (of that type) that you can. You will be running in them a lot. As for the logos, they know you will have trouble finding stuff with nothing. Get ones with the smallest logos you can and you'll be fine. Avoid different color stitching if you can. I went all over the place trying to find stuff with no logos and pretty much everyone else showed up with logos. None of the troopers ever slammed anyone over logos. Now, just know that every class is different and often has different instructors. Do what you can and you'll be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5312 users online. 254 members and 5058 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X