Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As soon as she gets her list of stuff at orientation in mid March I'll post it on here.

Comment

• What's the word on that list justice.45?

Comment

• I almost forgot! She just got it last Friday. I'll post it on here tonight when I get home.

Comment

• Okay cool, thanks!

Comment

• Necessary underclothing, toilet articles, and knee-length or longer bathrobe.

1 pair black military type oxford shoes, plain toe no stitching (normal heel 1 1/2 inches). No Corfam (high glass) shoes. Athletic supporters for both males and females sufficient for a week of training, to include protective gear (cup) for males.
            1 pair shower slippers
            1 black leather (1" width) belt (standard silver buckle)
            5 pairs black socks
            2 pair black compression shorts
            2 pair black long sleeve compression shirts
            1 pair running shoes
            1 swimsuit (conservative), females - one piece
            5 pairs white athletic socks, (moisture wicking preferable)
            5 white tee shirts
            1 pair black gloves (September-March)
            1 black pullover heavy-duty hooded sweatshirt with hand pouch
            1 pair heavy-duty sweatpants with drawstring
            1 black toboggan (cap)
            Mesh laundry bag

This isn't exhaustive. Some of the stuff you need was talked about but isn't on the actual list.

Comment

• Awesome! Thank you! I take it all the other items needed are explained at orientation? I actually wasn't aware that there was an orientation, I figured they sent a list and all the info needed and you showed up 1st day of the academy start date

Comment

• Yes, there really wasn't a whole lot of extra stuff that isn't on the list. I guess there's also a chance they could change it. The belt size is not standard, apparently they were supposed to change that but didn't. She bought a 1 1/4 inch belt and hasn't gotten yelled at for it yet. Her orientation was about 2 weeks before the start of the academy. Most of it was information about benefits and filling out paperwork. That's also when you take the PT test and the psych eval. I think her class started with 75, 15 females and 60 males.

Comment

• Oh okay. I can't believe they only give us 2 weeks to gather all those items. Do you know if they said anything about a laptop to take notes in case? Mine died but I don't know if they provide one during the academy or if I can bring one
                  Last edited by FutureLEO21; 04-10-2016, 07:45 AM.

Comment

• She came home this weekend. They started on a Wednesday and came home Friday. She had to take notes on paper during the training due to time constraints. They loan everyone a laptop to take home and transfer your paper notes to. So you won't have to worry about that at least. The swim suit will be difficult for us to find in October so I'm buying that now.

Comment

• Okay that's good, I was okay with buying one but didn't really want to rush around to get one if I didn't have to. And yeah same here on the swimsuit. Do you happen to know what the whole pysch eval is? Im gonna talk to a family friend that was a trainer down there and that's one of the things I'm gonna ask him, but I guess my main concern is that we could still not get in just 2 weeks out from the academy start date?

Comment

• I'm sure you guys already know all of this butag I had the pleasure of talking to a state trooper while waiting to take my psych for CPD. He said the higher you score in the Academy the better chance you have to go to your desired duty station. He is part of a group that gets to come to Columbus every Saturday for home games.

Comment

• Yeah that was one of the first questions I asked before even applying
                          Last edited by FutureLEO21; 04-12-2016, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• I know that no one failed the psych eval in her class out of 75 people. She said it took like an hour, it's just a lot of questions. I took one similar for my current job. It's the kind of questions where they say like "I often have trouble sleeping" or "Most of the time I like to work alone" and then you answer strongly disagree, slightly disagree, neutral, slightly agree, or strongly agree. A few have quit already and 1 got kicked out for super low PT scores Friday. Someone also rolled their ankle and got deferred to the next class.

Comment

• Ahh gotcha, its more like a personality test. And wow, I did hear that a few people quit within the first week.

Comment

• Is there anyone that is shooting for the October class? I took my initial PT test in April, recruitment said they are backed up with polygrapghs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3484 users online. 253 members and 3231 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X