Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got an email informing me that I'll be in the next open class! Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Comment

• Congrats! I take the poly next week, so hopefully I'll be in the next class as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by kerry_smith12 View Post
        Can anyone share what the academy is like? Daily routine, food served (I have a few food allergies and aim to eat very healthy), class structure and study times, PT (heard you PT at 5am and then lift weights on your own later)....
        Gonna bump this question if you all don't mind, didn't want to start a new thread. Thank you!

FYI this would be for an outside police agency, so the Basic Peace Officer Course that is offered at OSHP.

Comment

• I got the polygraph done, and it was stressful to say the least. I didn't lie about anything but after the test I was unhooked and the examiner started grilling/fishing around for me to come clean about some stuff, but I didn't have anything to hide. So we'll see what happens result wise

Comment

• Where did you take it? I took mine in Columbus. The guy that did mine said that he knows examiners that will do stuff like that, but he never does.

Comment

• Yeah I talked to a buddy that was a dispatcher and he said that they do that to try and get you to admit to something or to second guess yourself

Comment

• Originally posted by kerry_smith12 View Post
                Gonna bump this question if you all don't mind, didn't want to start a new thread. Thank you!

FYI this would be for an outside police agency, so the Basic Peace Officer Course that is offered at OSHP.
                I would also love an answer to this question, also for the Basic Peace Officer Course. What are the living conditions like? Specifically, one or two to a room or open bay? What is in the rooms, and what are you allowed to bring? Are there "duty" hours and hours when they are more likely to leave you alone, or are they all over you sun up to lights out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Down View Post
                  I would also love an answer to this question, also for the Basic Peace Officer Course. What are the living conditions like? Specifically, one or two to a room or open bay? What is in the rooms, and what are you allowed to bring? Are there "duty" hours and hours when they are more likely to leave you alone, or are they all over you sun up to lights out?
                  Sorry, I can't answer since I'm not in the academy yet. Hopefully you guys get the info.
                  How's everybody coming along in the application/hiring process?!

Comment

• I'm stuck at the background phase, not sure how long it's going to take called and checked nothing yet, were you informed when they began the background investigation or just when they finished it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mellon_Austin View Post
                      I'm stuck at the background phase, not sure how long it's going to take called and checked nothing yet, were you informed when they began the background investigation or just when they finished it?
                      Nevermind on that question, I received a phone call today my background has began.

Comment

• Does anybody know if they send a list of items that you're required to bring and then items that you can and can't bring to the academy? Or if there is a list somewhere in this thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by FutureLEO21 View Post
                          Does anybody know if they send a list of items that you're required to bring and then items that you can and can't bring to the academy? Or if there is a list somewhere in this thread?
                          You'll be sent the list I take it you got in the April class

Comment

• Yeah I called and that's what I was told. And no, the April class is full. To my knowledge, it was full awhile ago

Comment

• There is an academy set for April. I called and they told me if I had not received and email I would be in the Fall class. So hoping I'll be in the academy around October.

Comment

• One of my friends applied the same day as me and tested the same day as me and got in the April class. Her PT score was better than mine so I'm assuming that is why she made it before me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3896 users online. 279 members and 3617 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X